Gopher Points & Preferred Seating

That Guy

Section 111
Reaction score
Now that the Gopher Points are "frozen", what are peoples projections as to what seats will be available in the preferred seating areas? Do you think that somebody with a 10,000 point ranking will still have preferred seating options, and at what levels, $500, $250 or $100? What about at a ranking of 15,000?

My group and I are willing to pay the extra money, but we worry that we won't have the option.

What does everybody think?

I currently have 973 points, but as it is shown on the GopherPoints webpage, I do not qualify for "premium seating." My guess, though, is that some in premium seating will say no thanks and will get bumped to the best non-premium seats and those of us on the fringe will either be moved further away or offered the "opportunity" to buy premium seats.
We'll see in a couple of months.

We are hoping most of the people before us will pass on paying the extra fee and just choose to sit on the 20 yard line. Does anybody know how many tickets are in each section?

$500 fee

$250 fee

$100 fee

And then how many seats between the 20's and the goal lines.

10,000 preferred seats (between 20's) and 20,000 total seats between the goal lines (chairback seats).

I think if you are #15,000 (we are in the 15k's as well) you will have the option of at least some form of premium seating. I would say the good chair back seats that require no donation will be taken by people unwilling to donate leaving the lesser chair back seats and the lesser "preferred" seats available.

I believe

People will be surprised how many preferred seats will be taken. I also think the U will be surprised at how many people will not renew their tickets this spring, not a bad thing. A new and different fan will take their place which may be a great thing. Just might see the most amount of pressure and "caring" about wins and losses from the the TCF bank stadium fans, another good thing.

Hey, That Guy

I believe that there are approximately 3,500 seats at the $500 level, 5,000 at the $250 level and 1,800 at the $100 level. I think threre about 10,000 other chair backs (i.e. outside the preferred seating area).

Thanks 2nd...that is the type of info that I was looking for. Now I just have to sit back with my fingers crossed until it is my time to pick.

Top Bottom