Gopher need

book

Reaction score
I know its obvious - but we need a super star shooter that can score and wants to take that shot with confidence when the game is in doubt - Quincy Lewis, Bobby Jackon, V. Leonard, etc...
Trent Tucker... Can you think of any others? And when was the last time we had such a player???

we have a star, his name is royce white, but the white public is crucifying him for making teenage mistakes, so we probably will never see him on the court, but we have our star and he is a local kid who actually wanted be a gopher (unlike Rickert and Humphries)

I hope Royce will eventually be that player for us. But, given that he has never set foot on the court in a competitive game, it is a little early to say that he is "a star." He certainly could become one, but he needs to get his personal life in order first. Playing college basketball is a privilege, not a right. I am more on the side of forgiving him for these mistakes, but it shows an unsettling pattern and needs to be addressed sufficiently before he is allowed to play, IMO.

we have a star, his name is royce white

Neither White nor Mbakwe have even mid-range shooting skill, so if they do become eligible, we just have a couple more Carter types. Talented, yes, but not the type of offensive threats we currently need. Bostick has the potential to improve our outside scoring ability. And let's hope that Hoffarber and Joseph can come around.

Neither White nor Mbakwe have even mid-range shooting skill, so if they do become eligible, we just have a couple more Carter types. Talented, yes, but not the type of offensive threats we currently need. Bostick has the potential to improve our outside scoring ability. And let's hope that Hoffarber and Joseph can come around.

White is not a Carter type. White is a polished basketball player that can score in a number of ways. Carter is an athlete with energy lacking in finished basketball skills. Now if White could become a Carter type of person- that would be good.

Top Bottom