Gopher Invitational golf event this weekend at Windsong Farm

bleedsmaroonandgold

Reaction score
What happened to our golf programs? I sometimes turn on the live stats in the background during the day, and it seems like both teams are routinely finishing way near the bottom at these tournaments. Maybe I've just had bad luck on turned on the tournaments where we struggle. But right now the women are wrapping up a tournament where we are +39 which puts us 12th out of 12, and 18 strokes behind 11th place LSU. Right now we are farther away from catching the second to last place team than the 8th place team is from catching the leader.

Tucker

Reaction score
What happened to our golf programs? I sometimes turn on the live stats in the background during the day, and it seems like both teams are routinely finishing way near the bottom at these tournaments. Maybe I've just had bad luck on turned on the tournaments where we struggle. But right now the women are wrapping up a tournament where we are +39 which puts us 12th out of 12, and 18 strokes behind 11th place LSU. Right now we are farther away from catching the second to last place team than the 8th place team is from catching the leader.
Isabella McCauley has a good chance to be a difference make for the women's team.

1. Qualified for 2021 Women's Open-after shooting 43 on the first nine, she went 37-34-36 to just miss the cut by 2 strokes

2. Played respectably in the 2021 US Women's Am qualifier, was medalist amongst Minnesota players and shooting 74 (missing by 3)

3. Qualified for 2021 Girl's US Am. Came in 27th in stroke play, won her first round match. In the 2nd round after falling behind by 4, she came back to tie the match before losing 1 up.

4. Last week was the first woman to win the Minnesota Golf Champions Tournament

Top Bottom