Gopher in Wolfpack Country

GopherNC

Reaction score
I live near Raleigh and everyday lately someone I work with is saying something about Tubby coming to NCSU when Sidney Lowe is fired. I truly didn't think it was a possibility until very lately but I still hope it doesn't happen. I don't think it would be a good move for Tubby, the RBC Center is a terrible place to watch/play college basketball and it's not on campus. I can't see NCSU becoming an ACC power, only maybe when Coach K and Williams retire.

I want Tubby to stay at MN and I trust him. The thought of him leaving is horrible. Maturi needs to get his contract settled and they need to start a practice facility. Even if Tubby leaves, a practice facility will be an issue. To get a quality coach and players, we need it to be competitive.

I trust this team and hope they can turn things around. Go Gophers and Tubby please stay!

Hmmm. Going from Minnesota to NC State would seem on the surface to be a lateral move at the absolute best, but maybe there are other factors at work.

I think right now they just want Tubby. Around here the ACC is better than any other conference. We were in Puerto Rico for the win over UNC and it sure was fun to come home with that win.

I don't see Tubby leaving for NC State or any other college opening. Myron was right about the NBA being a possible destination, but I would call it .1% chance as compared to .005% chance of going to a different college.

But, you never know I guess.

He's Not Going To NC State

He'll retire at Minnesota in 3-5 years.

He's 60 (like I am) this year. Not looking to change jobs.

Top Bottom