Gopher/Illinois Game Thread

Walmart tomorrow down two TV's, only one survived.

Why is brad miller wearing an il hat behind their bench. Didn't he go to purdue
Yes, he was with Brian Cardinal for 5 of his 12 years under Gene Keady. Good win. Gophers had it won in Illinois, evens it up. Beat Iowa on Wed., back to where you should be. Really hoping Trevor gets another year.

TcGophers said:
yea by!!! we gt lucky tonite my friends!
Lucky?? Doc Don I'm starting to understand where you are coming from.

Definitely heard the "we want tyus" chant on TV. good work students.

I didnt have the chance to watch it on tv. instead was going gamecast on espn. How the hell did myers foul us with 5 seconds left???

Hightlight of the game-seeing Blake H with the hot chick behind the Gopher Bench!

Dre

potentially a coming out party for him tonight. Kudos to Tubby for sticking with him down the stretch; makes the team much more dangerous in the long run

Why don't you two get a room? You don't think that Austin getting bailed out on a two point attempt (down 3) with 3 seconds left is lucky? I'll take it however it comes, but just saying....

Just finished tape delay. What a nail biter!

Missing the front end of all those 1 and 1s, followed by Ralph with his hands on his hips as Leonard walked around him at the free throw line was infuriating.

What a finish though. The Hollins' kicked some arse.

This team needs four more regular season wins to make it to the NCAA Tournament in my estimation. Here is how: Split the next two at Iowa and Neb. (1), beat Ohio State, Michigan State or Wisconsin at home (2), win at Northwestern (3) and beat Nebraska at home to end the season (4). Win a Big 10 Tournament game as a No. 8 seed and we are in, right?

Here is what we would look like under this scenario:
Quality wins: at Indiana, vs. Illinois, vs. Michigan State, Wisconsin OR Ohio State
Bad losses: vs. Iowa, at Nebraska OR Iowa

This honest to god seems so damn possible!!!!!!

Best case scenario:
at Iowa, W
at Neb., W
vs. Wisconsin, W (in top 25)
vs. Ohio State, L
at Northwestern, W
vs. Michigan State, L
vs. Indiana, W
at Wisconsin, L
vs. Nebraska, W

A team manager came up to us before the game and notified us he was there...we tried it multiple times but the band drained it out until the end.

Sorry, forgot to add the quote...it was about the Tyus chant.

Really enjoyable reading this thread from start to finish after the game!

Keep the game thread coming. It was so enjoyable reading the thread after the game. It didn't matter if it was a negative or positive post in the end we are all just trying to entertain each other and this game thread is a classic. Especially the dude that needs to replace two of his tv's tomorrow. Maybe you should send the bill to Ralph.

Can't believe I'm saying this but Tubby's recruits looked pretty solid especially the bench. The bench won the game. Without Armeliin we aren't even close.

This team needs four more regular season wins to make it to the NCAA Tournament in my estimation. Here is how: Split the next two at Iowa and Neb. (1), beat Ohio State, Michigan State or Wisconsin at home (2), win at Northwestern (3) and beat Nebraska at home to end the season (4). Win a Big 10 Tournament game as a No. 8 seed and we are in, right?

Quality wins: at Indiana, vs. Illinois, vs. Michigan State, Wisconsin OR Ohio State

Best case scenario:
at Iowa, W
at Neb., W
vs. Ohio State, L
at Northwestern, W
vs. Michigan State, L
vs. Indiana, W
at Wisconsin, L
vs. Nebraska, W

Can't say I'm really into the full season game for game predictions, but in principle I do agree. It is more than possible that we make the tourney. I truly believe we will find a way to win at least 9 games in the B1G, and possibly 10. This team plays well on the road, and we are starting to win the games we need to at home. I for one, and having a great time this season watching these guys exceed expectations. Go Gophs!

Can anyone explain to me why Tubby took Welch out of the game with 12 seconds to go and we were down by 3 and put in EE? Illinois had no one at the FT line so we didn't need EE there, but we knew we were going to need shooters on the floor - did Tubby put EE in, in case we needed rebounding? If so, why did he not have a big man in prior to that? Seemed like a very odd sub pattern there? A lot easier to discuss a move like that after a win than it is a loss!

Go Gophers!!

Best case scenario:
at Iowa, W
at Neb., W
vs. Ohio State, L
at Northwestern, W
vs. Michigan State, L
vs. Indiana, W
at Wisconsin, L
vs. Nebraska, W

You know, when you can't even predict the outcome of tonight's game and give us the loss before the game is even over, then all your other predictions mean S**t. But, thanks, anyway.

Can anyone explain to me why Tubby took Welch out of the game with 12 seconds to go and we were down by 3 and put in EE? Illinois had no one at the FT line so we didn't need EE there, but we knew we were going to need shooters on the floor - did Tubby put EE in, in case we needed rebounding? If so, why did he not have a big man in prior to that? Seemed like a very odd sub pattern there? A lot easier to discuss a move like that after a win than it is a loss!

I said very bad things under my breath when this happened. I would be interested in an explanation as well.

He must have remembered Welch blowing the last game in Illinois.

Mulligan said:
You know, when you can't even predict the outcome of tonight's game and give us the loss before the game is even over, then all your other predictions mean S**t. But, thanks, anyway.

"BigGopherFan"]unreal....I was convinced they were going to lose! How exciting. A little premature (and immature) on my part! Crazy

And you call yourself "BigGopherFan"?

Why don't you two get a room? You don't think that Austin getting bailed out on a two point attempt (down 3) with 3 seconds left is lucky? I'll take it however it comes, but just saying....

Hey parski1. What do you think of this jamalo dude?

It's funny following these kind of threads. The "negative nancies" are no where to be found after we won. Nothing wrong with being negative when we're not playing well, but being that some aren't here posting when we pull it off shows how little of a fan they really are.

The discouraging part of the game was obviously the upperclassmen. They didn't show up at all. The encouraging thing is how well the young guys played. Hopefully their improvement continues throughout the rest of the year. Welch and Rodney have been our best players this year, they just had an off night for some reason. I expect them to rebound.

By the way, on Ralph's 5th foul, I'm 99% sure he thought there was going to be two free throws instead of one. He was standing straight up not getting ready at all to box out.

Go Gophers!!

I wondered the same thing. EE checked-in at the scorer's table during the 1st free throw - while Illinois had folks positioned in the lane. After the make - and in a now must-rebound situation, if Paul misses the 2nd - EE started onto the court, at which point Illinois pulled everyone off the lane. EE cannot be come back out at that point, can he?

This is how I saw it at the arena and I just broke down film here at home too.

If my predictions don't mean sh!t then why have I succeeded twice in "winning" the Predict the Score thread and coming within a few points of predicting the EXACT score of yesterday's game against Illinois? Hmmmm. I was dumb for assuming a loss and posting a thread too early, but be honest, did you really think they were going to win that game before the miracle?

Can anyone explain to me why Tubby took Welch out of the game with 12 seconds to go and we were down by 3 and put in EE?Go Gophers!!

As long as he didn't have Mav in there for that final X seconds, I'm good.

You know damn well that if Maverick would've been in the game, the ball would've somehow ended up in his hands.

but be honest, did you really think they were going to win that game before the miracle?

Nope. But I wasn't stupid enough to post like you did. Oh, that also might be because I try not to constantly look for the negative.

Top Bottom