Gopher Hole 2009 MIP??

Schnoodler

Ice Cream Abuser
Reaction score
So who do we think is the most improved player this year.

Nominees??

NTA, Nate Triplett, Stoudermire, McKnight, Jacobs, McKinley, Ellestad, Collado, Haudin.

Others?

Triplett is my vote. Although Ellestad is a good second.

NTA - Even though I thought he should have been starting last year.

Collado. There were several times this year where my jaw dropped because I saw number 2 in on very good coverage. Great discipline on special teams, too; he was in on quite a few big hits towards the end of the year. I never thought he would be very good and he proved me wrong. I hope he keeps progressing.

Triplett without a doubt. Non-starter to 95 tackles--74th in nation, 9th in Big Ten. Interception at Syracuse. GW TD versus Air Force is one of the all-time legendary moments in context of opening of TFCBS.

Triplett without a doubt. Non-starter to 95 tackles--74th in nation, 9th in Big Ten. Interception at Syracuse. GW TD versus Air Force is one of the all-time legendary moments in context of opening of TFCBS.
I second that, Triplett had a great year.

Triplett on D, he came out of nowhere and played well all year. On offense I'd say Jeff Wills, from the beginning of the year to the end he made huge strides (literally and figuratively).

triplett hands down. A lot of defensive players could qualify such as Collado, Cedric, Campbell...

Duo Linebackers...

I split my vote between Triplett and Campbell. They were both excellent.

When most of us first really noticed him:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgLi30NIiPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WgLi30NIiPc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

My favorite moment at TCF so far, and an instant classic.

Is there even a question it was Tripplet. It would be like asking who took the biggest step backwards. With that answer obviously being Weber.

I'd say Triplett. Campbell was already pretty good and played even better. Triplett went from the nut squad to the starting defense and really played well.

Triplett and Tow-Arnett. Tow-Arnett made some monster drive-sustaining catches this year. It would have been really ugly without him this year.

Top Bottom