Gopher Hockey Recruiting

bonin21

Reaction score
There will be quite a bit of action over the next few months to fill in the roster for next season (and beyond).

Names to keep an eye on:
Jake (F) and Zach Sondreal (F)
Carsen Musser (G)
John Stout (D)

Non-Minnesotans that would be coups:
Cole Eiserman (F)
Gabe Perreault (F)
Nick Moldehnauer (F)

Bonin what do you know about this Teddy Townsend kid?

Not much. Will likely catch games this year. Hoping he progresses more in his junior year than Jimmy Clark at Edina.

I don't really gauge how good they'll be as Gophers until they are less than a year from campus, unless they are Cooley/Eiserman type recruits.

Neutral Zone having six NCAA bound guys ahead of him in his class doesn't really make sense. No idea who those 6 are though other than Whipple and Celebrini.

Neutral Zone having six NCAA bound guys ahead of him in his class doesn't really make sense. No idea who those 6 are though other than Whipple and Celebrini.
3.5* for Moore seems low too. Are these overall draft class rankings or just NCAA guys? If the latter I agree there's no way he's #7 considering he might get drafted in the top 7.

As an added bonus to this great recruiting run, the folks in Grand Forks are losing their minds over Motzko dominating them on the recruiting trail.

3.5* for Moore seems low too. Are these overall draft class rankings or just NCAA guys? If the latter I agree there's no way he's #7 considering he might get drafted in the top 7.
That's Javon Moore not Oliver Moore. 3.5 is fine.

Quite a run of recruits. Also shows how insane the 2003-2006 run was.
1 - Johnson (2006)
5 - Vanek (2003)
5 - Wheeler (2004)
5 - Kessel (2006)
7 - Okposo (2006)
20 - Fischer (2006)
24 - Chucko (2004)

2021-2024
3 - Cooley (2022)
1-10: Eiserman (2024)
18 - Lucius (2021)
23 - Snuggerud (2022)
25 - Rinzel (2022)
15-30: Moore (2023)
15-30?: Whipple (2024)
15-30?: Ziemer (2024)

I'd be dang happy if we could reel in Logan Hensler as well. He looked like a senior as a freshmen playing for Hill last year. 3 years in the development program and he should be rocking.

Sure wish he'd have stayed at HM...

Hensler has the Gophers in his final 3, but has Michigan as his top choice right now.

Where there is smoke there is often fire. He'll probably go UM. He's accelerating his school so he could commit at any time once he classifies into 11th grade.

Gophers should be all in on James Hagens and using Eiserman's connection with him as a selling point.

I wonder how the Lucius family feels about their decision to bounce on Bob.

Chaz mid-tier on Manitoba roster. Cruz playing for the winless UW.

I wonder how the Lucius family feels about their decision to bounce on Bob.

Chaz mid-tier on Manitoba roster. Cruz playing for the winless UW.
Both very predictable outcomes. They wanted to be bigger than the program, I say screw em. Hope the student section gets on Cruz when the badgers come into town.

May need to let him come in as a 17 year old at this rate...

Top Bottom