Gopher-hater Gone!

tjgesquire

Team Ginger
Reaction score
On Star Tribune's website.
Longtime KFAN talk-show host Chad Hartman has been let go by the station.

Hartman's dismissal was one of several made by the Clear Channel-owned company. Clear Channel owns seven stations in this market.

Also let go from KFAN was Hartman's producer, Darren (Doogie) Wolfson, who served in a variety of capacities at the station and frequently hosted on weekends.

Too bad we're losing the ony Gopher-supporter on the station though. >>Doogie<<

Hartman's dismissal was one of several made by the Clear Channel-owned company. Clear Channel owns seven stations in this market.

Also let go from KFAN was Hartman's producer, Darren (Doogie) Wolfson, who served in a variety of capacities at the station and frequently hosted on weekends.

Too bad we're losing the ony Gopher-supporter on the station though.

one thing i don't understand: the title of the thread is "gopher-hater gone", but in the post it says "too bad we're losing the only gopher-supporter on the station though". i am not a big KFAN listener, hartman is a hater or supporter? am i missing the sarcasm somewhere?

I'm guessing the supporter was Doogie, which he mentioned later in the post. Could very well be wrong though.

doogie is a big gopher supporter. chad always rips him for it.

Chadly Hartman

Maybe now Chadly will have even more trouble paying his golfing debts. He's legendary for not paying his golf debts or pitching in his share of the bar tab at the 19th hole. He's a cheapskate and by all accounts a dink. Gee, wonder where he got that from.

so i'm guessing chad is related to sid?

WCCO fired Jack Rice last week. Wouldn't be shocked to see Chad take that show.

Who cares? It's a sign of the times. So long someone, hello someone cheaper. What is, is.

I can't handle an extra hour of the Common Man every day, what else is on at noon?

I hope Doogie gets picked up by someone locally. One of the few good guys out there.

I can't handle an extra hour of the Common Man every day, what else is on at noon?

AM690 The Score - Jim Rome from 11am until 2pm. That is what I listen to.

I really hate to see Doogie go, I also hope he ends up on another station.

Too bad we're losing the only Gopher-supporter on the station though. >>Doogie<<

I hope they both get another job; very tough times indeed. I do hope that Hartman never gets another job behind a microphone. One less Gopher hater spouting off.

For someone

who was riding his last name and really was not qualified to be a talk show host this was not a surprise.
He was the most uninformed about Gopher athletics especially for someone who lives here. He hated the gophers but beside that he had his facts wrong when he was talking about them.
I have seen him in person and he looks like a mess. I don't want to kick someone when they are down but for someone who has a much money as he has he looked like a baffoon working out.
I wouldn't worry too much about him as he will be getting a bundle from Sid.

Go Gophers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sucks to see Doogie is gone with this!!

Common rocks but I think the Fan needs to dump PA as well as all he does is kiss the vikes a$$

I'll miss Doogie, best of luck to him.

Sucks to see Doogie is gone with this!!

Common rocks but I think the Fan needs to dump PA as well as all he does is kiss the vikes a$$

A couple of things....

First, I liked Hartman's show. He got good guests. He was condescending at times and definately liked to rip the Gophers, but let's face it, sometimes they were very easy to rip.

Second, I don't want to see them dump PA, but I have been disappointed in him regarding the Vikes and especially Childress. He seems hesitant to be honest about the coach since he has been working with him on his call-in show.

Also, I always thought PA was the glue of PA and Dubay, but that show has not been nearly as good without Dubay. Never thought I would say it but there is such a thing as too much of Paul Allen.

I just hope they don't give Common more air time, 2 hours is more than enough.

I mostly agree with Tweber.

I think that Chad's show was good, but he hated the Gophers. But like TWeber said, we were an easy target for the better part of 40 years. But he did get good guests and was a pretty good interviewer. Doogie was good and a supporter of the program, i hope he catches on locally somewhere.

I refuse to listen to the Common man. I think he's terrible.

As for the Jack Rice thing, i thought i read that he is going away in a few months. It appeared to be a mostly amicable split, well, as amicable as being fired can be.

What do you guys hear in Sport talk shows?

People like Chad would go on for days over a traffic ticket.

Other than a little bit of Jim Rome, the rest are really silly and boring.

Who on KFAN does not rip the Gophers? Everyone seems to rip the gophers?

If you are still listening to KFAN

Either get over to 690 or 660 for Jim Rome, Dan Patrick et al. Earlier in the day I think the have Mike & Mike followed by The Hurd.

Top Bottom