Gopher Garage?

wdgold

Reaction score
I am a FB season ticket holder, just curious if anyone has done their garage gopher style. I am in the process of a garage makeover and thought it could look pretty cool if done right.

That sounds like a really cool idea. Best of luck! I haven't done this, but guessing most would love to see some before and after pics of your U of M garage makeover. That is if you would be willing and gracious enough to share them publicly.

Thanks and cheers.

Ski-U-Mah!

Send a message to MNGoldenGophers1. He painted his garage floor a few years back and may still have the templates.

I still have the "M" template. I epoxied the floor with alternating maroon and gold squares along with a M in the middle of each one. Perhaps the crowning achievement of my life. However, I would only suggest doing it on new/clean concrete.

Probably will be concentrating on the walls for now, but I bet a template would work for the wall also.

Post the picture of your floor, PC...

GARAGE!..? Tell the misses you want to bring it in the house. I have a Gopher media room with all the memorabilia
But I do salute you for getting started.

GARAGE!..? Tell the misses you want to bring it in the house. I have a Gopher media room with all the memorabilia
But I do salute you for getting started.

That would be nice, I may do that once a bedroom becomes available to do just that.

Probably will be concentrating on the walls for now, but I bet a template would work for the wall also.

It's a bit flimsy but yes, it should work on the walls. All you need to do is trace out the M and paint between the lines. If you're interested in using it, send me a message with your contact info.

I am a FB season ticket holder, just curious if anyone has done their garage gopher style. I am in the process of a garage makeover and thought it could look pretty cool if done right.

No for me, but I've been doing some research on cabinetry and have been exploring making a storage cabinet with the block M on it. It will probably be a little while since My spraying skills, and cabinet making skills are lacking. Maybe we can come up with an experimental cabinet for you? That would be a cool project.

BTW anyone know (or know how to find)the Pantone numbers for Gopher Maroon and Gold? I'd really like the deeper Maroon that they use for Lettermans jackets/ sweaters.

A garage makeover sounds like it could be the ultimate man cave. Tools, the smell of gasoline and oil, and well stocked refrigerator and a large screen TV with a killer sound system not to even mention the Gopher decor!

My son has an awesome Gopher room - complete with a HUGE "M" on the wall. I used a projector on the wall for taping and tracing it. It made painting a perfect "M" a snap.

We've always bought our paint from Ace hardware. "Brown Burgundy" and "Streets of Gold". Been using it for 15 years - Spot on. Painted vehicles, flagpoles, beanbag boards, a flatbed keg wagon, you name it...

We've always bought our paint from Ace hardware. "Brown Burgundy" and "Streets of Gold". Been using it for 15 years - Spot on. Painted vehicles, flagpoles, beanbag boards, a flatbed keg wagon, you name it...

I would like to name it...paint wren maroon and gold with lead based paint.

I have some super-nice game photos from the Offices at Bierman. I bought them at Signing Day a few years ago and I'd part with them at cost. They are poster size with a foam backing. I have 4 of them. $20 each.

I have some super-nice game photos from the Offices at Bierman. I bought them at Signing Day a few years ago and I'd part with them at cost. They are poster size with a foam backing. I have 4 of them. $20 each.

Well we need to see pics don't we?! You can PM them to me if you want.

I don't know where this fits on the project meter, but on a recent trip to Le Sueur I spotted a sweet Mail Box. It was Maroon with Gophers in Gold on the side. The topper was a Gold M, which I suspect has the ability to light up. At 55 MPM it stood out.

Well we need to see pics don't we?! You can PM them to me if you want.

I will take photos and forward them to you. What is your email? If you are in Burnsville you can see them live - if you wish...

Top Bottom