Gopher Game Day Experience

Also, why do people tailgate on the West Bank and in St. Paul...we tailgate right next to the stadium and there is plenty of room. I'm not being a jerk, just wondering...is it cheaper?

A. Do you park there?
B. Do you pay for the parking spot?

Absolutely agree, it was much easier getting people to come to the Syracuse game, when we were 3-0 and had a chance at winning against a team everyone's heard of, than the Michigan game when were sure to get killed.

It was a fantastic atmosphere for the Syracuse game. Going 3-0 after bad starts in 2010 and 2011 brought a back a lot of enthusiasm. But what I think happened was that the 18-point loss to Iowa killed that enthusiasm.

From the U of M Student Affairs twitter account:

Student Affairs ‏@OSA_UMN

Meeting with a group of students to talk about a student tailgate lot.

5:48 PM - 23 Apr 13

The student section was fine last year before we started losing. As the weather turns, unfortunately, they need the team to be successful to show up. It sounds simplistic, but I believe it is true. There are not shortages of party-options for anyone that wants to get wasted.

Also, why do people tailgate on the West Bank and in St. Paul...we tailgate right next to the stadium and there is plenty of room. I'm not being a jerk, just wondering...is it cheaper?

Just slightly cheaper.....

So you must not ever be in a Vikings tailgate lot. Charcoal grills and firepits as far as the eye can see. I bet we are the only B10 team that doesn't allow fire pits or charcoal. We are backwards.

Parking lot fire pits are illegal in Minneapolis. You were right about charcoal, though. I guess it's a matter of how much the Vikings grease the palms of the local politicians:

Minneapolis City Code 319.310. - Prohibited acts

(d) Class A commercial parking lots offering special event parking shall not permit, or provide wood burning fires of any kind. Licensees may permit patrons to prepare food on charcoal or propane grills provided that appropriate refuse containers are available and that parking lot litter control measures are enacted.

FYI, all sporting events are considered special events, even HS games.

From the U of M Student Affairs twitter account:

Student Affairs ‏@OSA_UMN

Meeting with a group of students to talk about a student tailgate lot.

5:48 PM - 23 Apr 13

Woo! Gophers after Dark, coming soon to a stadium near you! This would be great if OSA just gets a tailgate space for students and lets it be. First come, first served, and let the kids do whatever (within a bit of reason). But I'm sure it'd end up being a small space where UDS cooks cheap hot dogs and burgers and you can get a sno cone! Also, face painting! Maybe even sumo suits (homecoming only)!

Woo! Gophers after Dark, coming soon to a stadium near you! This would be great if OSA just gets a tailgate space for students and lets it be. First come, first served, and let the kids do whatever (within a bit of reason). But I'm sure it'd end up being a small space where UDS cooks cheap hot dogs and burgers and you can get a sno cone! Also, face painting! Maybe even sumo suits (homecoming only)!

Maybe they will have to "means test any benefits they try to use to help entice the students to participate in the building of a section of students..." and any mean old son of a varsity who tries to be too sarcastic about the process just won't pass that means test...regardless of how mean he comes off...

I could see that happening... to a darned old son of a varsity grouch... NEVER let a son of a varsity get you down Student Affairs Representatives! Pick up the ball and run! Good luck...

; 0 )

Top Bottom