Gopher Football Recruiting - Time To Panic?

When I got a piece from a co ed in college, she said I could only put it half way in. Ya, like I am gonna do that!!! When she said "put it all the way in" all I could say was, "no, a deal is a deal."

A man of honor, right there.

I think other posters have played it out, but just to summarize: for a school like Minnesota (i.e. not a helmet school) the only FB recruits you get this early are guys from your home state who grew up dreaming of playing for your school. I haven't followed the 2015 class at all, but Cornell is obviously a national recruit, so he wouldn't commit to us yet. Have we really only offered 1 other MN kid though? That seems light, but like I said, I don't follow it all that closely to know if that's unusual or not.

Don't hold your breath on that one. I thought that we are not on his top 12 list.

Kill & company rely heavily on in camp evaluation among other things. They'll use their extensive network. IMHO, it is not panic time yet. Many of the national recruits that want to go to the helmet schools have already made up their minds and will commit early with the Notre Dames & PSUs of this world.

When I got a piece from a co ed in college, she said I could only put it half way in. Ya, like I am gonna do that!!! When she said "put it all the way in" all I could say was, "no, a deal is a deal."

Going off half-cocked eh Doc?

How did that joke go over at the recent speaking engagement you had for the Lutheran women at at western MN church? A real knee slapper, I bet. :eek:

How did that joke go over at the recent speaking engagement you had for the Lutheran women at at western MN church? A real knee slapper, I bet. :eek:

They did not think it was a joke. They all yelled. 100% CORRECT!!! They all accepted it as truth from all of their men. No kidding, CW.

I was panicking. Then I got distracted by all this talk about Don's penis. Now I can't even remember what I was so worried about.

I was panicking. Then I got distracted by all this talk about Don's penis. Now I can't even remember what I was so worried about.

I'm pretty sure you were worried about Don's penis. We're all pretty frightened, to be honest.

Did we panic when the Mayans built the pyramid scheme! Did we panic when Iacocca took over Lehman Brothers! When General Reagan crossed the Hudson to defeat the French at Lafayette, did we panic then! Did the chicken s#($ get to the other side? Of course it did!

It might be time for an All Things Dr. Don's Penis and Old Man's Balls Thread.

Don't hold your breath on that one. I thought that we are not on his top 12 list.

Kill & company rely heavily on in camp evaluation among other things. They'll use their extensive network. IMHO, it is not panic time yet. Many of the national recruits that want to go to the helmet schools have already made up their minds and will commit early with the Notre Dames & PSUs of this world.

I've heard from a reliable source, that Cornell is not even considering us. Maybe he'll have a change of heart. I hope he has a change of heart. Until then our staff will do what they always do. Beat the bushes, find guys who fit their system and coach them up. If they stay the course, eventually they'll get that one kid to commit who wouldn't have in the past and we'll get over the hump.

I'm not sure I'm learning as much about recruiting as I had hoped from this thread.

You must be new. I hate to tell you but you came to the wrong place if you hope to learn anything about anything ;-)

OMG, you saw the light!!! :cool02:

But, reading GopherHole is still better than reading the Fargo Forum.

We will have at least 4-6 commits by the end of summer camps. The Gophers will sign between 5-6 OL. They have
22 offers out currently for offense linemen. Look.for that position to jump start the recruiting season. Also look for one of two kids to verbal at the upcoming player barbecue.

Want recruiting info? Pony up about $10 a month and join www.gopherillustrated.com

If you were using a 10 point scale to measure recruiting information sources Ryan Burns and gopherillustrated would be a nine and the GopherHole be a two. I had a chance to talk to him at spring practice and we have a long conversation. I was amazed at how accurate his perspective turned out to be. I always thought paying for those services would be foolish but Ryan knows his stuff. He is also a very nice kid who is going to the U and majoring in sports "something?".

Top Bottom