Gopher football question to be answered in 2015...

dinkything

Reaction score
I must admit...I am somewhat surprised to see the number of Gopherhole references to Glen Mason being the cause of everything still wrong here in dinkytown:rolleyes:

I mean, c'mon fellow 'holers...Glen has been gone since late 2006....it is now 2011...

Does this mean that in 2015....we might still be continually reminded of what a pi$$ poor job Brewster, who was appropriately and unceremoniously dumped in late 2010, did as head Gopher football coach?
Even though the one perceived strength Brewster had, recruiting, has been largely debunked as a myth, I don't think he should be raked over the coals 4 years from now.

But hey, that's just me.;)

Wow...it's almost impossible to believe the number of things that are wrong with this post.

It's really not that difficult to understand. You can agree or disagree with the theory but here we go.....

Hypothetically....

Lets just say that Kill was just hired right NOW (so you can blame Maturi on that one).
Now, lets assume because of the late hiring/firing that this recruiting class would be terrible (logically)

OK...so these kids (2011)

Our SR class in the 2015 season would be compromised of mostly 4 yr SRs (not ideal) that are the product of this late hiring/firing process. So, it would be pretty obvious that we wouldn't have the strongest SR class in the world. In addition to those 4 yr SRs, now lets assume that Kill only inherited a handful of RS FR, so our entire SR class in 2015 would be compromised of this lousy class AND a couple of RS FR.

That alone, IMO, would have a pretty drastic impact on the 2015 season.

Now, there is also a ripple effect because of the lack of quality depth. The 2012 class, (lets assume it's decent), would have to be superficially rushed into immediete PT because of the lack of depth. We wouldn't be able to RS nearly as many players as would be the best case scenario, and therefore the 2015 JR class is going to be 3rd yr JRs (again, not ideal).

So take the Mason/Brewster debate completely out of it, when you let your team get incredibly thin and then couple it with an atrocious recruiting class, it will certainly have a drastic effect on the season in which that atrocious class is going to be SRs.

The 2007 roster was so thin that we are still feeling the impact of that situation. It is partially Mason's fault and partially Maturi's fault and partially outside of either of their control. This isn't to defend Brewster. I thought he needed to be canned and I thought he did a bad job overall at the U (worse than Mason).

Top Bottom