Gopher Football NFL Pro Day - March 7th

Gophers To Hold Pro Day On March 7 at Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex

per GopherSports:

Gophers To Hold Pro Day On March 7 at Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex

The University of Minnesota football team will host its pro day for outgoing Gophers on Monday, March 7, at the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex.

The following former Gophers from last year's team are slated to participate: Brian Bobek, Briean Boddy-Calhoun, De’Vondre Campbell, Theiren Cockran, Antonio Johnson, KJ Maye, Peter Mortell, Eric Murray, Miles Thomas and Rodrick Williams.

This session, which begins at 8 a.m., is not open to the public but is open to the media. Any potential interviews with the athletes will be conducted at the completion of their workout.

Go Gophers!!

I haven't paid attention in the past, but do they normally have athletes from other schools attend the MN pro day?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I haven't paid attention in the past, but do they normally have athletes from other schools attend the MN pro day?

Yes. Not too many NFL scouts have a desire to stop at every small school with a prospect so players typically head to the nearest large school for pro-days

Yes. Not too many NFL scouts have a desire to stop at every small school with a prospect so players typically head to the nearest large school for pro-days

Thanks! Do you also know if certain schools/states just have agreements or can the athletes head to any larger school they want?

Ratelle was two sport stud at St.Thomas. I know there was the coaching change his senior year, but I remember thinking that was a guy we should've been after could've helped us at Linebacker and as a Pitcher in baseball

Thanks! Do you also know if certain schools/states just have agreements or can the athletes head to any larger school they want?

I think it's either closest to their school or the athlete's hometown.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Not sure although that may be likely. May also be based on where the athletes are training for the draft.

Basically it's based on request. Big schools will allow athletes from smaller regional schools but there is nothing to prevent a badger from attending a gopher pro day other TC saying get lost.

Clarification:
Athletes can attend their schools pro day or any pro day in their home state if given permission by said school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOLDEN NOTE
Minnesota held its annual pro day on Monday where 10 former Gophers worked out for 28 NFL teams. The day was another process for those with NFL draft aspirations, as they ran, jumped, cut and went through position drills for all but four teams in the NFL. The Gophers had four players – Maxx Williams, Damien Wilson, David Cobb and Cedric Thompson – drafted last season. This year, the Gophers could have four players drafted in linebacker De’Vondre Campbell, receiver KJ Maye and defensive backs Eric Murray and Briean Boddy-Calhoun. If that happens, Minnesota would have eight players – all of who were recruited by the current staff – drafted in two years. That would be the most ever in consecutive years for the Gophers since the draft was shortened to seven rounds in 1994. In addition, the eight players would be the most that Minnesota would have drafted in consecutive years since 1990 (five players drafted) and 1991 (three players drafted), but the draft was 12 rounds those years. Minnesota had seven combined players drafted in 2001 (four players) and 2002 (three players).

Top Bottom