Gopher Football Helps Gopher Basketball - a reason why TFC and the FANS matter

Reaction score
For anybody that did not see the article about the basketball recruit, Alvin Ellis, please check out the link and quote below.

I will keep my thoughts simple . . . would a basketball recruit make an early and unexpected commitment if he went to a Gopher football game that was played at the metrodome, the team had a horrible record and only 20k lackluster fans were at the game???? I don't think so . . . this is just another reason why the fans and winning mean so much to the individual sport AND the athletic department in general . . . i think Tubby and Mr. Kill are and will continue to build something real nice . . . UhOh . . .

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/180005?referrer_id=331171

"Gopher Hole: What was the highlights of your visit?

Alvin Ellis: The visit went great. I liked the football game a lot. The atmosphere was great."

so true and great point. each program needs each other and can build off one another.

I totally read that as KFC at first and was completely confused by your title lol.

It's true though, having a good football atmosphere can definitely help out recruiting for other sports. But I don't think ultimately it's that big of a factor, I mean, there's a lot of good football schools who have crap b-ball programs. But I also don't think it hurts to have an electric game to show off for a recruit who's on the fence about your program and institution.

I totally read that as KFC at first and was completely confused by your title lol.

It's true though, having a good football atmosphere can definitely help out recruiting for other sports. But I don't think ultimately it's that big of a factor, I mean, there's a lot of good football schools who have crap b-ball programs. But I also don't think it hurts to have an electric game to show off for a recruit who's on the fence about your program and institution.
Some KFC might not hurt too, that stuff is delicious.

Top Bottom