Gopher football conversation on KFAN

I don't agree. The Packers are 10 times bigger than the Vikes in Wisconsin and a not too distant 2nd in Minnesota. Wisconsin also has the Buck and Brewers yet the media has time to actually cover the Badgers in the newspaper and on the radio.

The gophers get covered. Don't get me wrong. Especially on gameday. They are usually the front page I believe in the Trib. The Vikings are just covered wayyyy more. You will never see the gophers covered in a big front page story outside a saturday during football season. It can be the dead of summer sometime in June let say, or whenever you want in the off season and it seems like they come up with a story for the Vikings. Especially with Favre in town. Nationally the Vikings have been covered more then any team in the past year id bet. If not top 5. Maybe Yankees, Cavs, Lakers, Vikings, and Saints would be my top five not in that order.

It will never happen... This is a Vikings state. Thats not dissing the gophers, but the vikings will always be first on the news. always.

1. Vikings 2. Vikings 3. Vikings 4. Twins 5. Wild 6. Gophers 7. Other 999. Timberwolves :(.... Thats to bad cuz im still a timberwolves fan. Thick and thin.. Well thats for all these teams

I don't think the Vikings are that far ahead of the Twins right now. In fact, I'd say the Twins are just as popular right now. When I go up to MN during the summer, I see people wearing Twins gear all over the place. During the fall and winter, I see Vikings stuff as well, but not nearly as much as Twins gear.

The Vikings are super-popular for several months during the fall/winter but I think there's more "water cooler talk" about the Twins over the course of the year. Just my experiences and opinion.

That could be true. Especially with Target Field opening and the twins are a pretty good team this year.

Why I like P.A.

Of all the KFAN shows, PA is the only one who I believe really loves sports. I can picture him staying up late to catch the end of a Golden State/Sacremento game. We may not agree with his style, all of the time, or the teams he covers. But he definitely is a sports junky.
When you listen to other personalities, it is clear their passions lie elsewhere. The morning show likes sports, but are passionate about music. Common Man strikes me as a funny guy who loves having a job that allows him to golf every day. He doesn't care if he talks about sports, entertainment, or his kids...it's just a job that allows him to come in late and leave early. Barreiro would rather be doing politics. Sports bore him, but he's stuck on a sports station. He thinks fans are "rubes" and beneath his level of sophistication.
Those guys may be have more rounded interests, but I want a sports junky on my sports stations.
If he wants to make an effort to cover Gopher Football, I think he is our best shot of getting some coverage.
Unless Doogie gets a full time shot on 1500.

I don't think the Vikings are that far ahead of the Twins right now. In fact, I'd say the Twins are just as popular right now. When I go up to MN during the summer, I see people wearing Twins gear all over the place. During the fall and winter, I see Vikings stuff as well, but not nearly as much as Twins gear.

The Vikings are super-popular for several months during the fall/winter but I think there's more "water cooler talk" about the Twins over the course of the year. Just my experiences and opinion.

I will typically only wear Vikings apparel on gameday. I don't make it a habit to wear purple.

Top Bottom