Gopher football boycott spoof video

From the letter in the leaked report:

"Both you and the reporting student are being notified of this outcome at the same time. Each party has the option to
request a formal hearing by the Student Sexual Misconduct Subcommittee (SSMS) if the outcome is unacceptable. If
I have not heard from either party within five business days (by December 20, 2016) of sending this letter, then the
decision will stand. "

I'm assuming at least the players facing expulsion have done that. During that formal hearing, there will be a lot more due process. Given that, how can anyone claim that some standard hasn't been met?

Nothing in this process resembles a civil or criminal trial and these are criminal charges. "Some standard" is not acceptable. I am still amazed this needs to be explained. There might be a " process" but it is a terribly unfair one.

Well, I was already annoyed at how the University has seemingly moved on from the goal of education to social justice causes and this now puts me over the top. Not that Stanford needs my money but I feel more comfortable donating to my grad school than my undergrad at this point if this is how the money is going to be spent 'educating' students. If I could guarantee my money could be funneled directly to logic classes, I would donate again. But as for now, you are on your own funding this crap. I will watch the football team for entertainment but I will not recruit the U campus. I will vote with my feet/money and hopefully that will finally help restore sanity.

You have lost a grip with reality. It wasn't the entire class in on the spoof and the teacher doesn't seem to be involved. Some kids tend to think creatively in their own ways, albeit this might not be the best way. If this is what sets you over the edge, you shouldn't donate to any school in the country. This type of video would happen anywhere with the same situation. Calm down.

Nothing in this process resembles a civil or criminal trial and these are criminal charges. "Some standard" is not acceptable. I am still amazed this needs to be explained. There might be a " process" but it is a terribly unfair one.

It also doesn't resemble a civil or criminal trial in its consequences. None of them can go to jail. None have them can be forced to pay damages. Even the expelled players are likely to go get a free education at some other university and continue to play football. The students who aren't expelled will continue to get a free education at a world-class university.

It also doesn't resemble a civil or criminal trial in its consequences. None of them can go to jail. None have them can be forced to pay damages. Even the expelled players are likely to go get a free education at some other university and continue to play football. The students who aren't expelled will continue to get a free education at a world-class university.

Was punishment/discipline put in place? At the very basic level, did the accused have an opportunity to rebut any of the Codes the letter states he violated before the punishment/discipline was put in place?

This isn't plagiarism or getting caught cheating.

Top Bottom