Gopher Football APR

GhostOfBronko - exactly right! They recruiting coordinators had the facts wrong, but the important thing is that the APR is trending beautifully & a public recognition award for 2014-15 is likely.

Lol at the clown in this thread making the claim that in order to know what you're talking about you must have a job at a newspaper or TV station. Absolutely hilarious.

I'm looking forward to this time next year when that first year mess of 917 drops off the rolling average.

I'm looking forward to this time next year when that first year mess of 917 drops off the rolling average.

Yes - they should be in good shape to get a public recognition award starting with 2014-15 and going forward.

I'm looking forward to this time next year that first year mess of 917 drops off the rolling average.

I am looking forward to when Gopher Warrior stops posting on this subject! He reminds me of wren who had about five subjects that he would babble about. The worst part is that he often would just cut and paste from previous posts. This would results in some very long posts!:banghead:

I'm not sure why everyone is having so much trouble grasping this issue. The facts are pretty simple:
  • Minnesota Football received a 994 APR for the latest academic year reported, 2013-2014, the third consecutive year with a 994 score.
  • That brings Minnesota Football's APR (a 4-year average, the only score that is used for anything) up from 932 in 2010-2011 to 975 for 2013-2014.
That's it. So far, so good. Every year Kill has been coach (for which numbers have been reported), his teams have brought in a score of 994.

Now, the tweet read:

It makes three distinct factual claims:
  • "Current Football APR is 994" - Not true, the current APR (as used by the NCAA) is 975
  • "4th highest in country" - Not true, regardless of whether you use the 4-year score our latest single-year score. Might be true if only counting single-year, FBS schools, but not true as written
  • "#1 [score] for public universities" - Not true, Wisconsin received a 1000 score for the same single-year and has a 998 4-year score (which is the highest in the country)

So, the tweet was wrong, but the truth is still great news (just not as great as the tweet made it sound).

Read all about it.

Are you calling for Glasscock to be fired?

Are you calling for Glasscock to be fired?

Not just fired, but then prosecuted and imprisoned. I don't think a class-action lawsuit is out of the question either. I'm starting a petition, can I count on your support?

Top Bottom