Gopher Coaching Staff Questions

I would like to ask the coaching staff ‘why did Battle leave?’ On the surface it looks like he left because he knew there is no winning for this team and staff.

Battle left because:
A. Garcia owns the 4.
B. Betts won the 3 in practice.
C. Christie subs for Betts in a 3 guard offense.
D. That means little playing time.
E. He can compete for time at OSU.
F. NIL.
It’s that simple.
Don’t expect the coaches to bad mouth any player that left.

Battle left because:
A. Garcia owns the 4.
F. NIL.
It’s that simple.
I appreciate the honesty.

Battle left because:
A. Garcia owns the 4.
F. NIL.
It’s that simple.
You're claiming OSU paid Battle NIL money after he was beaten out of a spot, in practice, by a 17 year old who's never played a minute of college basketball?

ZERO info but just being logical this is my guess. And yes I'm excited to hear about how this is negative 🤷‍♂️

Thorson-lead asst, supposed defense guru, local guy with history. Never getting the ax.

Jenkins/Kemp- I can see Coyle going to CBJ and asking if a shake up would be good. Now in my opinion, CBJ seems like an awesome human. Nice guy, thoughtful, cares about people. He says, nope this is not their battle to lose, I brought them here they stay.

From Kemp/Jenkins end, I'd assume since they don't have long resumes that their only options were to stay at a B1G school or drop down a level. At this point that makes no sense, stay here, get a higher salary, if CBJ gets canned next year then you go from there and can accept a lower job.

That to me seems like a logical timeliness of what MIGHT have happened, none of us obviously know.

That said, I agree with the OP, I think we needed a shake up. I think CBJ needs to find an edge. Being the nice guy in a cut throat industry doesn't work. Sometimes you need to cuss out a ref, sometimes you need to bench your star player who isn't playing defense, or maybe you need a new asst coach. Again he seems like a great human, and this sounds harsh but frankly I don't care if the coach is a nice guy, hes not marrying my daughter he's trying to win games in an ultra competitive job.
I do agree with this but the buck has to stop somewhere. If it isn’t working then CBJ has to be a boss and make a change to the staff. Not doing that makes him look even worse as a coach.

I do agree with this but the buck has to stop somewhere. If it isn’t working then CBJ has to be a boss and make a change to the staff. Not doing that makes him look even worse as a coach.
If the talent level were higher, than I could get on the fire the assistant train. But it it isn’t. Tweaking the staff won’t do any good if players don’t get better. If one goes, they all should go.

Top Bottom