Gopher basketball complaints that aren’t about the team

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
This thread is to compile a list of complaints NOT about the team/coach/recruiting. When my season ticket rep calls, this is what I discuss.

Here are a few.

concession stand prices mostly end $.25, $.50 or $.75. This is annoying.

Not many non-soda options unless you want a $4.25 water which I usually end up getting. Maybe offer some flavored waters (Bubly)

When other events are on campus (high school hockey for the Maryland game) they do nothing to control crowds making getting to games on time difficult.

The halftime shows are dreadful. Young kid dance teams are an excellent way to suck the air out of the crowd and are the norm. I’d rather see them select random students to shoot half court shots to win $100 or something that may garner actual cheers.

I have no complaints other than about the team/coach/recruiting. My life is going absolutely swimmingly. Therefore I won’t post in this thread.

When I watch the pre-game video, I always think - “yeah, win some games and be in contention in the Big10, THEN you can show a Chicago Bulls-style video.” Sheeeesh!

As to the .25 pricing, more change means the workers are hoping for more tips.

As to the .25 pricing, more change means the workers are hoping for more tips.

I wish they'd put tip jars out, especially since a lot of them are working for schools/teams/organizations.

I agree, the half-time shows this season seem WAY more boring than past years. In my memory they used to have some pretty fun ones. Off the top of my head I remember a mascot basketball game, the magician couple where she changes outfits continuously, red panda, etc.

Fresh popcorn. No more giant garbage bag being poured into the warmer

Badger fans pimping Greg Gard on the Gopherhole. Gotta make it stop.

Badger fans pimping Greg Gard on the Gopherhole. Gotta make it stop.
The mod can even when in reference to coaching and basketball performance. It can be maintained as purely a Gopher site and even maintained with only positive remarks about the coach and the program.

Top Bottom