Gopher Baseball 2020

I thought I read that at the start of this season John Anderson speculated that he never had a pitching staff this deep in talent. I assume that is technically right, it is just that so many of our pitchers (Meyer of course excluded) have the toughest time throwing strikes.

I know it is fun to think about a pitcher throwing serious gas or with great movement but the first rule is to hit the strike zone isn’t it?
The pitching staff was highly touted. Many expected Fredrickson to come back a little bit, but still can't find the plate and when he does they hit it. Thoerson is the same deal, looked like he had found his control late last year and this summer, but now not so much. Is he hurt? Also having Culliver getting hurt hasn't helped. Big disappointment so far. They are nearing the point of having to win the B1G tournament.

The pitching staff was highly touted. Many expected Fredrickson to come back a little bit, but still can't find the plate and when he does they hit it. Thoerson is the same deal, looked like he had found his control late last year and this summer, but now not so much. Is he hurt? Also having Culliver getting hurt hasn't helped. Big disappointment so far. They are nearing the point of having to win the B1G tournament.
Doesn't sound like we should expect to get Culliver back either which is a huge loss.

Well no baseball this weekend, maybe no more this season, hope not. At least they swept Creighton this week.

Top Bottom