Gopher Baseball 2020

Is the tv schedule on gophersports.com accurate? No games on BTN and 1 on ESPNU.

I would hope some of these BTN+ games are converted to BTN. Otherwise may need to spring for a BTN+ subscription

Is the tv schedule on gophersports.com accurate? No games on BTN and 1 on ESPNU.

I would hope some of these BTN+ games are converted to BTN. Otherwise may need to spring for a BTN+ subscription

Usually it is mid-March that the Big Ten will announce their baseball schedule on BTN so I would expect a few games to get moved over there.

Preview: Gophers to Take on Twins Prior to 2020 Home Opener Against TCU

Friday, Feb. 21
Gophers vs. Twins

First Pitch: 5:05 p.m. CT
Gophers Starter: RHP Trent Schoeberl (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
Twins Starter: RHP Randy Dobnak

Saturday, Feb. 22
TCU vs. Minnesota

First Pitch: 6:30 p.m. CT
Minnesota Starter: RHP Max Meyer (1-0, 1.80 ERA)
TCU Starter: RHP Johnny Ray (0-0, 1.93 ERA)

Sunday, Feb. 23
TCU vs. Minnesota
First Pitch: 2:00 p.m. CST
Minnesota Starter: RHP Sam Thoresen (0-1, 15.43 ERA)
TCU Starter: RHP Charles King (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

Monday, Feb. 24
TCU vs. Minnesota

First Pitch: 12:15 p.m. CT
Minnesota Starter: RHP Patrick Fredrickson (0-1, 16.20 ERA)
TCU Starter: LHP Russell Smith 0-0 (1.93 ERA)

Man I want to get to that Saturday game with Max on the mound. Gonna be a scheduling thing, but going to do everything I can.

Does anyone know if they can/do sell beer at the Gopher games that are at US Bank?

Man I want to get to that Saturday game with Max on the mound. Gonna be a scheduling thing, but going to do everything I can.

Does anyone know if they can/do sell beer at the Gopher games that are at US Bank?
Haven't been to a game at US, but they had beer in the dome at the old DQ Classic

Bringing my boy to the Saturday game. I've only been to 1 game at USB Stadium a couple years ago but don't recall if they sold beer or not. I do recall they only had 1 concession stand open, it moved VERY SLOWLY and all the prices were the same for Vikings games. So expect to pay A LOT.

They sold beer in 2016 in the unnamed tournament. Hoping they do the same for the Cambria Challenge.

Wow, that was ugly. Glad it had no meaning to the record. Get home and beat TCU.

You thought the exhibition against the Twins was ugly? Tonight was just as brutal. We knew the bats would be a question mark this year but the bullpen continues to struggle. Gotta take at least 1 in this series.

You thought the exhibition against the Twins was ugly? Tonight was just as brutal. We knew the bats would be a question mark this year but the bullpen continues to struggle. Gotta take at least 1 in this series.
To be fair they didn't use any of their top bullpen options. Thought Max was solid but just didn't have great command and TCU put a couple of those mistakes over the fence. Offense was terrible. Maybe 2 hard hit balls and looked like there was no plan at the plate. Gotta be much better in all phases today.

Way too many free bases but found a way to grind out the win. Outstanding performance from Bubba Horton with the game on the line.

Great job by Bubba today. Also nice to see the bats come alive.

Nitpick time....but the banners at U.S. Bank Stadium do not reference the Big Ten championship from 2018. We've had TWO years to update those. C'mon office admins, get on it.

Thoresen and Fredrickson looked like they did last year this weekend. Thoresen still doesn't throw strikes and Fredrickson gets hit hard when he does throw strikes.

Looks like it was another tough day for Fredrickson. You wonder how long he will stay a weekend starter? 5 walks and hit a guy in 2 innings.

Looks like it was another tough day for Fredrickson. You wonder how long he will stay a weekend starter? 5 walks and hit a guy in 2 innings.
Was wondering the same thing. Never heard of an injury or any other explanation for his ineffectiveness.

12 total walks by all pitchers. Walks have been an issue in most of the games.

12 total walks by all pitchers. Walks have been an issue in most of the games.
Same old problems for Thoresen Sunday afternoon. Appears Sam is unable to make adjustments with the control issue being the result. Beginning his 3rd season with the same issues. Fredrickson has made adjustments but gets hit hard because of his location when he throws the ball over the plate. Will be interested to see who starts Wednesday night and this weekend. Control problems this weekend will lead to long innings in the field for the defense. Hard to have good at bats when your on the carpet watching your starters walk and hit people. I expect the ACC team's to run wild if this continues.

Questions about the fan experience at US Bank Stadium from someone who's never been there for baseball:

1) What the temperature inside for these winter games? I remember attending games in the Metrodome when it was about 50 degrees in there.

2) What's the scene for concessions? Is it just hot dogs, popcorn, etc. like Siebert or do they have some wider offerings?

Questions about the fan experience at US Bank Stadium from someone who's never been there for baseball:

1) What the temperature inside for these winter games? I remember attending games in the Metrodome when it was about 50 degrees in there.

2) What's the scene for concessions? Is it just hot dogs, popcorn, etc. like Siebert or do they have some wider offerings?

1. Temp is fine. Fees like 70 degrees.
2. I believe there is 1 stand open and the line gets long and moves slow. I went on Friday night and people were gone for about 2+ innings when they went. I don't know what is on the menu but I did see someone come back with chicken tenders.

What’s the beer status? Inquiring Hawkeyes want to know...though I can’t guarantee my brethren won’t abuse the bathrooms again.

I checked the stats for the Monday game against TCU. MN has a reliever who presently has a 225 ERA. Not a 2.25, not a 22.5, but a 225 ERA. 5 runs given up in 0.2 innings.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a higher ERA. Here's to hoping the boys work out the kinks and start hitting their spots. We need more out of our hurlers.

I checked the stats for the Monday game against TCU. MN has a reliever who presently has a 225 ERA. Not a 2.25, not a 22.5, but a 225 ERA. 5 runs given up in 0.2 innings.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a higher ERA. Here's to hoping the boys work out the kinks and start hitting their spots. We need more out of our hurlers.
Haven’t seen a higher one because the calculation is wrong. An ERA for a pitcher who gives up 2.5 runs per out is 67.5

1. Temp is fine. Fees like 70 degrees.
2. I believe there is 1 stand open and the line gets long and moves slow. I went on Friday night and people were gone for about 2+ innings when they went. I don't know what is on the menu but I did see someone come back with chicken tenders.
Thanks Darren.

Haven’t seen a higher one because the calculation is wrong. An ERA for a pitcher who gives up 2.5 runs per out is 67.5
That was our pitchers cumulative ERA. I assume he's been racked a few times already this year and not got the outs. That's the only way you could get a 225 ERA. Otherwise, yes, someone missed a decimal point.

That was our pitchers cumulative ERA. I assume he's been racked a few times already this year and not got the outs. That's the only way you could get a 225 ERA. Otherwise, yes, someone missed a decimal point.
Duffy was the one who gave up 5 runs in 2/3 of an inning Monday but his ERA is 16.88. Hadn't given up any runs in his other 2 outings before Monday.

Duffy was the one who gave up 5 runs in 2/3 of an inning Monday but his ERA is 16.88. Hadn't given up any runs in his other 2 outings before Monday.
Thank you. That was the pitcher for whom the app said he had a 225 ERA. 16.88 is still a high ERA, but nothing like 225.

Shoeberl, Duffy, and Thoresen issued 10 walks and hit 2 guys and managed to not give up an earned run. Impressive in it's own right.

Top Bottom