Gopher bar(s) in Washington DC?

ChemEGopher

Section 133 Row 28!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Does anybody know of any Minnesota Gopher bars in the DC area? Probably a long shot, but I just moved out here and am looking for a place to watch the game. Ski-U-Mah!

I was in DC for the Syracuse game in '09. Tried to find some Gopher fans through this site and a few others. Came up with nothing so I watched by myself in some pub near Ford's Theater. Was one of only a half dozen people in the place as it was a beautiful day and everyone was outside. Had a great time talking college football with the bartender. I'll try to remember the name of the place but it escapes me right now.

The DC alumni group would have viewing parties at Front Page at Dupont Circle the last two years and Hawk and Dove a few years before that (I think it is closed now). Not sure if there is anything this year since I no longer live in the area. You could try the DC Gophers facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/groups/25243985472/

Cool thanks everyone. Game doesn't start til 11 ET so no viewing party this week, but apparently there will be others according to UMAA.

When I lived there almost 20 years ago there was a bar called Casey's at 25th and L that played Viking games on Sundays. This was before the proliferation of cable and college football on TV, so I don't know if they'd do it for Gophers, too. And I don't know if the bar is still there.

Top Bottom