Gopher bar in Iowa

Swaggerson

Bank Sect 112 Barn Sect 102
Reaction score
Traveling to Iowa City for first time. Any pregame bars where gopher fans are welcome?

Traveling to Iowa City for first time. Any pregame bars where gopher fans are welcome?

I'm sure almost any bar in the area will be willing to take your money even if you're wearing Minnesota attire. But, is there a bar where Minnesota fans in particular congregate? I doubt it. Iowa City isn't Chicago (a large city with expats from all over the Big Ten landscape and no fanatical attachment to the local college team).

The Goal Line Club wants people to meet at The Airliner just off campus before the game if people aren't tailgating. Address is below:

Gopher Gathering Spot in Iowa City
Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Airliner
22 South Clinton Street
Iowa City, IA 52240

Join other Gopher fans and mingle with locals on Saturday afternoon. No reservation or registration required. No formal program. Fans are on their own for their food and refreshments. Arrive early – this place is a lively and jam-packed Hawkeye-focused sports bar serving pizza and pub grub.

Airliner has great pizza for those looking to eat. It's a decent bar that will be mostly void of college kids.

Awesome! Appreciate everything you've shared!

No problem! I have a group of about ten quasi-Gopher fans (Minnesotans who cheer for the Gophers but not strongly) coming with me. I LOVE providing information about Iowa City so people can enjoy it.

There is a neat pub in Kendalville, IA.

Mordor is a horrible place.

On a typical Saturday, most of the students will have puked twice by 9am.

Top Bottom