Gopher 22-23 Transfer Portal Needs/Watch List

Sort of in line with this thread...I had to chuckle when I got this email from the Gophers marketing dept.:

Head Coach Lindsay Whalen and Gopher Women's Basketball have their coaching staff finalized with new addition Marwan Miller, now there's only one thing missing...YOU! Commit to #TheWinningWhay and renew your Gopher Women's Basketball season tickets today!

I saw it and thought about how the one thing (actually two or three) we are really missing is still waiting on the portal.

Side note, I did renew my tickets today (after about 8 tries-their website was messed up).

Sophia Haydon transfers to South Dakota

VERMILLION, S.D.—Women's basketball coach Kayla Karius has announced that Sophie Haydon will transfer from George Washington to South Dakota. She will join the Coyotes this season with three years of eligibility remaining.

"We are so excited to add Sophie to our team this season!" said Karius. "Her versatility paired with her 6-2 frame gives her the ability to score around the rim, while also being a capable perimeter shooter.

"In addition, she loves the Midwest and her enthusiasm for USD is unmatched. We look forward to her future here in Vermillion. Welcome to USD, Sophie and the Haydon family!"

A 6-foot-2 forward from Shorewood, Minnesota, Haydon was a five-year varsity letterwinner at Minnetonka High School. She averaged 9.3 points and 7.2 rebounds per game in her prep career, including a career-best 11.3 points per game as a junior. She was a three-time team captain, earned multiple all-conference awards and led the Skippers to consecutive section finals appearances. Haydon also competed on the Nike EYBL circuit with North Tartan.

Since I still have a big post as an option on my wish list for next season… 😆 🤞

entering the portal this late seems odd.. It may limit a kids options.. but maybe there are reasons, who knows.

entering the portal this late seems odd.. It may limit a kids options.. but maybe there are reasons, who knows.
Perhaps she thought she wanted to be done and then began to realize she wants to play one more year after all. And getting it paid for doesn't hurt either...

There could be various reasons, maybe something changed in her personal life. However, although she may be a good player in that league, this was a .500 team in the WAC. Even North Dakota was considered good in that conference before they left a few years ago.

Top Bottom