Gopher 22-23 Transfer Portal Needs/Watch List

Not sure what this in reference of or if it means anything at all but this is Nia Holloways mom

they have so many guards now.. including 2 freshman they have coming in.. interesting choice for Molly.

whalenfan said: Definitely an interesting choice...

Me: Continuing the thread about why this makes sense for Iowa and Molly:

In the Iowa loss to Creighton:
5' 9" guard Gabbie Marshall had 6 points
6' 0" guard Kate Martin had 4 points
6' 1" F/G McKenna Warnock had 6 points.

Superstar guard Caitlin Clark was held to 15 points, and none of the others approached double digits.

Iowa is a size team plus Clark.

During the full 2021-22 season:

Kate Martin Averaged 7.2 points per game.
Gabbie Marshall averaged 6.8 points per game.

So the logic to signing Molly Davis is that she averaged 18 points a game, an upgrade over the other guards.

Not sure what this in reference of or if it means anything at all but this is Nia Holloways mom
I like this post and thanks for posting it. The Holloways are a great family.

But others will have a fit for this topic being off topic. We have to show a vice-like sticking to the topic or someone may throw a fit.

Just popped up, will be interesting to see if it is a 2023 or transfer. Betting transfer

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/SylviaFowles?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@SylviaFowles</a> does she want to be a Gopher? Me: yes! <a href="https://t.co/HizH2t1Ohe">pic.twitter.com/HizH2t1Ohe</a></p>&mdash; Lindsay Whalen (@Lindsay_13) <a href="">April 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Let’s Goooooooooooooooooooo‼️ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheWinningWhay?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#TheWinningWhay</a> 〽️💥 <a href="https://t.co/rs5Lk4EGfD">pic.twitter.com/rs5Lk4EGfD</a></p>&mdash; Shimmy Gray-Miller (@shimmy33) <a href="">April 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

New commit… I’m assuming from the transfer portal!

Sorry… Looks like I posted the exact same time. Lol

When are we going to find out who the new commit is???:unsure:

Over the last six months, one factor causing players to leave surely was the constant hyping of the new recruits coming in.

Point guards Powell and Smith would see relentlessly on Facebook and Twitter: point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya.

I liked the hype because it's a bright future. But to prospects maybe it's a situation to avoid.
The ongoing player sentiment is Whalen seems to favor the Minnesota kids (i.e Scalia, LBK, Mershon, Borowicz, Helgren, Czicano, 4 recruits, etc.) and give them more opportunities then non-Minnesota kids. She has a vision of MN players making an impact on her teams. The majority of players that transfer are non-Minnesota and they tend to be successful once they move on. The recruiting talent from MN during her tenure has been low to mid-tier. The best MN high school talent go elsewhere.

New commit… I’m assuming from the transfer portal!
Sylvia Fowles is a center with the Lynx.

That Tweet is either a hype fun Tweet or suggests Fowles will work for the Gophers.

It shows a tough Whalen.

Nothing to do with a recruit or transfer, as I see it. Could be wrong.

Sylvia Fowles is a center with the Lynx.

That Tweet is either a hype fun Tweet or suggests Fowles will work for the Gophers.

It shows a tough Whalen.

Nothing to do with a recruit or transfer, as I see it. Could be wrong.

Every coach has a signature recruit tweet. That is Whalens.

I like this post and thanks for posting it. The Holloways are a great family.

But others will have a fit for this topic being off topic. We have to show a vice-like sticking to the topic or someone may throw a fit.
There are a lot of threads on this site. People click on one because they want information on that topic. People looking at a thread having to do with a Minnesota Transfer Portal prospects do not want to be reading about Iowa transfer portal prospects. That would probably go under the thread “other Big News” or whatever it’s called…. Show some common courtesy for your fellow posters.

The ongoing player sentiment is Whalen seems to favor the Minnesota kids (i.e Scalia, LBK, Mershon, Borowicz, Helgren, Czicano, 4 recruits, etc.) and give them more opportunities then non-Minnesota kids. She has a vision of MN players making an impact on her teams. The majority of players that transfer are non-Minnesota and they tend to be successful once they move on. The recruiting talent from MN during her tenure has been low to mid-tier. The best MN high school talent go elsewhere.
"The majority of players that transfer are non-Minnesota and they tend to be successful once they move on."
Lets look at this closer
Pitts went from averaging almost 17 pts a game to 9 pts as a super senior on a 4 win conference team.
Ross hasnt played
Tomancova hasnt played in 2 years
Byrne transferred to UNLV and averaged 11 pts and 7 rebs although she was inefficient but transferred again to Northern Colorado and didnt play this year.
Staples is the one thats done decent since transferring, averaged 10 pts a game shooting 39% from 3 for a bad San Diego St team.

to me a very odd choice for her..

they have 9 guards coming back.. including their top 4.
Gopher112233 posted about Molly Davis signing with Iowa, calling it "odd" because Iowa has 9 guards coming back. Speaking for myself, I will stick to the thread.

Gopher112233 posted about Molly Davis signing with Iowa, calling it "odd" because Iowa has 9 guards coming back. Speaking for myself, I will stick to the thread.
This was posted due to the Gophers being in consideration for Molly, hence would make it gopher related.

First of all, they have already said they are expecting a lot right away from these four. Having had conversations both with the coaches and the recruits they will be playing barring injury.

She made it to high school as she Played at Minnetonka in a championship game against Hopkins.

Yeah a two-time state champ who learned under Paige Bueckers for 3 years of high school ball. But right she probably a dud as a freshman right? And to make sure I got this accurate...if a kid stays home... they won't be anything good, but we praise Kneepkens and Johnson at Utah or any kid that leaves.... despite the four coming in ALL RANKED HIGHER than any freshman from Minnesota this season.

Why do some of you watch the team? If Whalen is awful and the players are hard to watch and its falling apart, why watch then? no one is making ANY of you watch or support the team? I'll never understand watching just to hate on the team. Being critical fine.. upset about players transferring, thats valid. but either discuss ways they can improve, players to go after in portal or what...but just dumping on them....get a hobby.

Regarding transfer portal news, this is the climactic weekend. Neither Yummy Morris TCU nor Abby Phochaska Notre Dame have signed, Gophers interested. This is the climatic weekend

I posted the tidbit about Molly Davis because someone else on here posted that there was a rumor she was visiting here. so I stuck to the thread thank you!

Last edited:

There are a lot of threads on this site. People click on one because they want information on that topic. People looking at a thread having to do with a Minnesota Transfer Portal prospects do not want to be reading about Iowa transfer portal prospects. That would probably go under the thread “other Big News” or whatever it’s called…. Show some common courtesy for your fellow posters.
Easy- BballMama! Bfan is a new poster to this board as of a few weeks ago. I am sure they are not trying to be discourteous. Let's not scare someone away who is obviously a Gopher fan.

I have messaged them outside of the forums to let them know about some of the etiquette here and they have been very receptive. I am sure that they will find their way if we give them a little patience.

Easy- BballMama! Bfan is a new poster to this board as of a few weeks ago. I am sure they are not trying to be discourteous. Let's not scare someone away who is obviously a Gopher fan.

I have messaged them outside of the forums to let them know about some of the etiquette here and they have been very receptive. I am sure that they will find their way if we give them a little patience.
sorry but I agree with BballMama.. that person has been posting so much stuff a lot of it is old news especially to gopher fans.. and like BballMama said there are THREAD for topics.. just post under the correct thread.. it's that simple.

sorry but I agree with BballMama.. that person has been posting so much stuff a lot of it is old news especially to gopher fans.. and like BballMama said there are THREAD for topics.. just post under the correct thread.. it's that simple.
I come in here and see bball_craz_26 posting off topic -- see below. I see WhalenFan posting off topic, which is fine to me. I see Gophers112233 posting off topic. And these off topics are frequent. Repeated.

And then these hypocrites posting off topic jump on a new person going with the flow.

I've already said I'll stick to the topic going forward. I will not follow their examples. I clean up my side of the street.

Some other people are hypocrites. We all make mistakes. The ones who do not admit that or, worse, do one thing and then jump on someone for the same are to be avoided.

I do hope Lindsey Whalen succeeds and goes to coach pros one day.

Do not harass me anymore. Do not stalk me.

to me a very odd choice for her..

they have 9 guards coming back.. including their top 4.

bball_craz_26 said:
First of all, they have already said they are expecting a lot right away from these four. Having had conversations both with the coaches and the recruits they will be playing barring injury.

She made it to high school as she Played at Minnetonka in a championship game against Hopkins.

Yeah a two-time state champ who learned under Paige Bueckers for 3 years of high school ball. But right she probably a dud as a freshman right? And to make sure I got this accurate...if a kid stays home... they won't be anything good, but we praise Kneepkens and Johnson at Utah or any kid that leaves.... despite the four coming in ALL RANKED HIGHER than any freshman from Minnesota this season.

Why do some of you watch the team? If Whalen is awful and the players are hard to watch and its falling apart, why watch then? no one is making ANY of you watch or support the team? I'll never understand watching just to hate on the team. Being critical fine.. upset about players transferring, thats valid. but either discuss ways they can improve, players to go after in portal or what...but just dumping on them....get a hobby.

they have so many guards now.. including 2 freshman they have coming in.. interesting choice for Molly.
Iowa only has 2 true guards returning in Clark and Marshall. Davis gives a back up point guard or someone who will push for Marshall's playing time. The incoming Freshmen are 2 forwards and a shooting guard who is one of the best shooters in her class. That is 4 guards, 4 wings (2 can play 1-4 spots), 3 Forwards, and 4 posts.

Over the last six months, one factor causing players to leave surely was the constant hyping of the new recruits coming in.

Point guards Powell and Smith would see relentlessly on Facebook and Twitter: point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya, point guard Amaya Battle, point guard Amaya.

I liked the hype because it's a bright future. But to prospects maybe it's a situation to avoid.
Ya mean like the fab 4 pinned tweet on the gopher Twitter account all season :0

I agree with you. I think they really need transfers that are willing to take on that leadership role on and off the court. I haven't seen her play and I know she has had a fair amount of injuries but I am intrigued by Abby Prohaska from Notre Dame.
I watched many ND games this season and would love it if were able to sign Prohaska.

It's not the message that's the problem, it was the way that the message was delivered. Rather than publicly rebuking Bfan as if they are intentionally being obtuse or doing something wrong, I reached out gently via the conversation feature, welcomed them to the board, and politely suggested some board etiquette to make their posts more impactful and valuable.

I felt BballMama lashed out unnecessarily which is not a way to bring more voices to this forum.

It's not the message that's the problem, it was the way that the message was delivered. Rather than publicly rebuking Bfan as if they are intentionally being obtuse or doing something wrong, I reached out gently via the conversation feature, welcomed them to the board, and politely suggested some board etiquette to make their posts more impactful and valuable.

I felt BballMama lashed out unnecessarily which is not a way to bring more voices to this forum.
Actually, if you look at the part I quoted before my comment, this person was being very snippy about being corrected. So I just pointed out that there are other places they could comment on those other teams. Anyway, I do enjoy following all of the conversations, but like a lot of folks, we’d rather keep conversations on track.

Top Bottom