Gopher # 21 AP poll, # 26 (first recieving vote in Coaches poll)

Tater

f.k.a. "Tubtastic"
Reaction score
Congrats Gophs! Beat FSU!

Congrats Gophs! Beat FSU!

I think that we will be favored for our final 6 pre-Big games although I am not so sure about today's game at FSU. Let's say we win 5 of 6 so we enter the Big at 11 and 2.

As usual the scheduling gods are not kind as we only face Nebraska and Penn State one time each. In what appears to be a down year for Purdue, we only get them on time and it is at Purdue. We do get Iowa twice.

The best we could hope for, for the Big season is to be 12 and 6. At 23 and 8 going into the Big Tournament, I would think we would be a top 20 team at the end of the year and that is what is most imporant to me this year. Going into the NCAA's at 24 and 9 (1 and 1 in the Big Ten Tournament) would be cool and I think get us a 6 seed or so. To see us continue to improve and run into the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 would be great. To go hghher than that is a pipe dream, but who knows.

I think that we will be favored for our final 6 pre-Big games although I am not so sure about today's game at FSU. Let's say we win 5 of 6 so we enter the Big at 11 and 2.

As usual the scheduling gods are not kind as we only face Nebraska and Penn State one time each. In what appears to be a down year for Purdue, we only get them on time and it is at Purdue. We do get Iowa twice.

The best we could hope for, for the Big season is to be 12 and 6. At 23 and 8 going into the Big Tournament, I would think we would be a top 20 team at the end of the year and that is what is most imporant to me this year. Going into the NCAA's at 24 and 9 (1 and 1 in the Big Ten Tournament) would be cool and I think get us a 6 seed or so. To see us continue to improve and run into the Sweet 16 or the Elite 8 would be great. To go hghher than that is a pipe dream, but who knows.

The Gophers play the Huskers twice. As you stated Penn State and Purdue are the only teams that the Gophers play once.

The Gophers play the Huskers twice. As you stated Penn State and Purdue are the only teams that the Gophers play once.

Well, along with OSU and Michigan. But I am pretty OK with only playing them once.

Well, along with OSU and Michigan. But I am pretty OK with only playing them once.

You are correct, I was commenting on the teams from the "lower half" of the conference, which I assumed Atl gopher was referring to. A given only playing OSU and Michigan once is a good thing.

Lincoln gopher: Thanks for the catch with the Huskers. The Gods are smiling a little more than I thought.

Good thing this thread was started, I can definitely see why the OP didn't post his 4 word post in the 4 page thread about this week's rankings.

Top Bottom