Good year to miss Ohio State and Michigan

I believe we have some opportunities this year. Where are NMS, Colorado and Western IL?

The days of me wanting to miss out on the big dogs are over. Michigan is a rival. The Golden Gophers are good enough to compete with these teams.
Me too. My switch on this flipped last year coming out of half-time against OH-IO State last year. We were playing with them at their level and the Buckeye fans that made the trip knew it.

Granted, even the smallest mistake on our side would be capitalized into points in a heartbeat. But playing mistake free gave us a shot.

Gotta play blue bloods to be a blue blood. No more pjs...time for big boy pants.

Last edited:

I believe we have some opportunities this year. Where are NMS, Colorado and Western IL?
Should be 3-0 going into a tough game at East Lansing, then homecoming next week against a Purdue program that we've had close games with feels like they're "due" against us and will probably feel "disrespected" that we picked them for homecoming.

Me too. My switch on this flipped last year coming out of half-time against OH-IO State last year. We were playing with them at their level and the Buckeye fans that made the trip knew it.

Granted, even the smallest mistake on our side would be capitalized into points in a heartbeat. But playing mistake free gave us a shot.

Gotta play blue bloods to be a blue blood. No more pjs...time for big boy pants.
Eh had them beat until Howden and Ibrahim went out. Not to mention Bell didn’t play.

Eh had them beat until Howden and Ibrahim went out. Not to mention Bell didn’t play.
If my memory is correct when Howden went out is when Ohio State started making the long TD plays. Really hurt losing him.

Connelly's SP+ has OSU #1, Michigan #4.

PSU at 13, MSU at 16.

RU worst in East at #78.

(Minnesota at 21, WI 10, IA 27, NE 29, PU 35, IL 82, NW 85)

So, if the season goes exactly according to SP+, that should translate to a 9-3 record. I'll be happy enough with that but 10-2 would be significantly better as that would produce a 2-2 record against Top 30 teams with one of those being against a Top 20 team. Despite the fact that all three of those Top 20 opponents are on the road, I think going 1-2 in those games is possible for this team. Just have to make sure that we don't lose any games against those ranked below us; unfortunately, losing one of those is possible too.

Reading the Des Moines Register, I see the Suckeyes are predicting the
defense to be the really good - perhaps the best in recent memory. Freshmen All-American, loads of depth, backend loaded with talent plus B1G leader in interceptions. Doesn’t sound good in winning the pig.

defense to be the really good - perhaps the best in recent memory. Freshmen All-American, loads of depth, backend loaded with talent plus B1G leader in interceptions. Doesn’t sound good in winning the pig.
Wrong Pete. Iowa losses at the Bank this fall. Des Moines Register? What ya expect?

Funny you say that because this is probably the most confident i’ve been about getting the pig back in recent memory

Probably should just cancel the game.

Game was over when we were without two safeties. Without injuries I think we had them.

If we lose that game with the injuries, beat Illinois and BG, we’d have had quite the year. Yes, I know, a lot of if’s there.

Yes, but I am sure we have a great plan to milk the clock and dominate time of possession .

I did not have a good feeling at half-time of this game. We were sitting on a timebomb and there was a HUGE probability that it was going to detonate in the second half. It did. Yes, to be a blue blood we have to play AND BEAT the blue bloods. IMHO were are not now capable of beating them on a regular basis. No problem for me with them off the schedule. Then, if we get to the Big10 championship game, perhaps the stars will align.

I did not have a good feeling at half-time of this game. We were sitting on a timebomb and there was a HUGE probability that it was going to detonate in the second half. It did. Yes, to be a blue blood we have to play AND BEAT the blue bloods. IMHO were are not now capable of beating them on a regular basis. No problem for me with them off the schedule. Then, if we get to the Big10 championship game, perhaps the stars will align.
Talent and depth in no particular order is the answer there...

Game was over when we were without two safeties. Without injuries I think we had them.

If we lose that game with the injuries, beat Illinois and BG, we’d have had quite the year. Yes, I know, a lot of if’s there.
"What If...?" is the foundation of imagination...

1658234524014.png

Well we'll probably see one of them in the B1G Championship game after we win the west, so.....

Top Bottom