Good Vibes Thread: List your positives from the win and your thoughts about the team moving forward into UCLA + the bye week.

GopherEnEspaña

Reaction score
What a whirlwind of a few weeks. I was convinced the program was imploding and PJ was a fraud. I thought Greg Harbaugh was a football terrorist. I was watching 2019 highlights crying myself to sleep every night. I would play Mo Ibrahim, Bateman, Tyler Johnson and AW Jr. highlights on repeat, convinced that was the last time I would enjoy watching a Gopher football team.

Let's have a good vibes thread and discuss what we like about our staff, what we're seeing on the field, and how we're feeling heading into the UCLA and bye weeks. I'll start:

• Huge respect to PJ for having the balls to go for it.
  • Really like seeing Harbaugh be creative in how we can get the ball to DT in space instead of predictable run plays. Overall there seems to be a priority to get DJ and DT the ball in space and let them make plays for us.
  • Big respect to the staff for throwing Perich in there and letting him get a lot of snaps at free safety. He is a game-breaking talent and should be getting the bulk of the snaps.
  • Although there's still room for improvement, our offensive line looks like it got some swagger back last night. I saw some jawing out there and some nasty blocks.
  • Max looks much calmer. The kid is in control of our offense now and it gives me a bunch of confidence going into the back half of our schedule.
  • This comes down to coaching and veteran leadership: a lot of teams that lose big, emotional games early in the season will hang it up and whither. This team has its swagger and mojo back and is clicking at the right time. That says a lot about the type of character we have on the staff and in our position groups, and it just looks like they all believe they can turn this season around into something special.
Huge road game next week in Pasadena. Going into the bye with a win and at 4-3 will be huge for the program. Let's go!

Top Bottom