Good to be a Gopher in Ann Arbor today

Mediocre no. Great? Not close. Fans here aren't good w 0-5 Last 5 Bowl games, 1 OSU win every decade or 2, being under .500 against MI St and 1 Big10 Title every 20 years. Their goal is Not to be ranked in top 15, or have 10 win seasons ( these are Gopher goals), it's to win titles and consistently beat OSU. 2021 was a nice year for MI,
But it needs to be the rule, not a once every 20 year fluke.
I suppose that's true. Sometimes from a Gopher football perspective it looks pretty good but thinking about it more in comparison to Gopher Hockey it makes sense. With Minnesota hockey, the goal isn't to be ranked and have NCAA berths, it is to win titles, beat North Dakota and Wisconsin, and be a powerhouse.

People are overreacting to this one loss against Georgia, like they are light years away because of how it played out. They played bad and things just rolled on them. That happens. They aren’t as good as they looked against OSU and they aren’t. Nearly as far away as people want to say after one bad game against GA.

Do we judge Gophs based on Bowling Green or Wisconsin game? Do we judge GA based on MI game or previous AL game where there defense looked terrible? Do we judge AL based on Auburn or A&M games or how they played against GA? They are each one game and if they played again the game would look different.

Embarrassing use of English. Not sure you are prepared for this big stage board.
My bad, Mr. Perfect. Your team still chokes in big games! Waiting for your reply.

I suppose that's true. Sometimes from a Gopher football perspective it looks pretty good but thinking about it more in comparison to Gopher Hockey it makes sense. With Minnesota hockey, the goal isn't to be ranked and have NCAA berths, it is to win titles, beat North Dakota and Wisconsin, and be a powerhouse.
Good analogy. Everyone here in Ann Arbor sees 2021 as the minimum for MI on a yearly basis, not a once every 2 decades deal.

Top Bottom