Good story on Parker Fox (video)

Question: in retrospect, is Parker someone who could've played in the Big Ten out of high school?

Question: in retrospect, is Parker someone who could've played in the Big Ten out of high school?
My immediate thought is no, since he redshirted his first year at Northern.
(Did you know there is a Parker Fox that plays for Clemson? 6'7", 212 lbs.
Just a smidgen off being identical to the Gopher's Parker Fox who is 6' 8", 210 lbs.)

Assuming he comes back 100% from the ACL ---

the biggest thing Fox will provide is athleticism. and that will be (I think) the biggest change for the Gophers next year. Ihnen and Fox available to play, plus 4 (at least) incoming recruits who all look to be fairly athletic. and then Battle, Thiam, Thompson and Ramberg returning.

that will give Johnson more options.

I still want to see the Gophs land a transfer or grad transfer big. Someone with size so they don't have to rely on Payne to be the starting Post as a FR..

As far as next year goes, we need to get two guys that are capable of handling the ball. One Grad transfer and a multi year or two grad transfers. Then I think we need a 2/3 wing type to compete with Carrington for a starting spot. Perhaps someone like Kerwin Walton who has a reduced role at UNC or Sy Chatman who is playing well at Illinois state. Battle will be our starting Big Wing, Ola Joseph should also be able to give 5-7 minutes game to give Battle more of a breather. Fox and Ihnen should be able to hold down the four spot. Payne should be able to give 20-25 minutes as a Freshman in the Post, the key will be will Thompson put on enough good weight to contribute or do we need to go get a grad transfer big man, like a Chris Voight or even a Matz Stockman. TBH wouldn't be shocked if Thiam transferred with Hedley coming in, along with Carrington. Don't see Thompson, Thiam and Hedley as anything more then bench depth for next year, until proven otherwise

As far as next year goes, we need to get two guys that are capable of handling the ball. One Grad transfer and a multi year or two grad transfers. Then I think we need a 2/3 wing type to compete with Carrington for a starting spot. Perhaps someone like Kerwin Walton who has a reduced role at UNC or Sy Chatman who is playing well at Illinois state. Battle will be our starting Big Wing, Ola Joseph should also be able to give 5-7 minutes game to give Battle more of a breather. Fox and Ihnen should be able to hold down the four spot. Payne should be able to give 20-25 minutes as a Freshman in the Post, the key will be will Thompson put on enough good weight to contribute or do we need to go get a grad transfer big man, like a Chris Voight or even a Matz Stockman. TBH wouldn't be shocked if Thiam transferred with Hedley coming in, along with Carrington. Don't see Thompson, Thiam and Hedley as anything more then bench depth for next year, until proven otherwise
Jaden Henley?

Parker Fox exemplifies the type of player that you want to put on the Maroon and Gold.

Good things are ahead for the Gopher Men's Basketball with Ben Johnson as the head coach.

He is a first-class human being who knows how to win, recruit and relate to athletes. He bleeds Maroon and Gold.

I can see why kids want to play for him. This is turning out to be a home run hire.

Parker Fox exemplifies the type of player that you want to put on the Maroon and Gold.

Good things are ahead for the Gopher Men's Basketball with Ben Johnson as the head coach.

He is a first-class human being who knows how to win, recruit and relate to athletes. He bleeds Maroon and Gold.

I can see why kids want to play for him. This is turning out to be a home run hire.

And Ben will say "Hi" to you in the hallway......unlike some other MN coaches......

Im assuming this didn't mean Fox is coming back but kind of leads you to think that

I know injuries happen to everyone, but I'm curious if he would have been the difference with the 2 MSU games, 2 wisconsin games, an iowa game or even just a couple of those. Maybe, maybe not, but I'd sure like to see. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Top Bottom