Good news? from Katz

gopherphan

Reaction score
• Minnesota coach Tubby Smith suspended Devoe Joseph for a violation of team rules. The Gophers open against Wofford and then play Siena on Monday before going to Puerto Rico for three games, starting with Western Kentucky. Joseph is one of the better scorers for the Gophers, but this Minnesota team can take at least one suspension (unlike last season's team). In discussing this with the Minnesota staff Thursday night, I got the sense Joseph will be back sooner rather than later as long as he adheres to Smith's rules.

Sounds like maybe hell be back after puerto rico?

• Minnesota coach Tubby Smith suspended Devoe Joseph for a violation of team rules. The Gophers open against Wofford and then play Siena on Monday before going to Puerto Rico for three games, starting with Western Kentucky. Joseph is one of the better scorers for the Gophers, but this Minnesota team can take at least one suspension (unlike last season's team). In discussing this with the Minnesota staff Thursday night, I got the sense Joseph will be back sooner rather than later as long as he adheres to Smith's rules.

Sounds like maybe hell be back after puerto rico?

Perhaps. But Katz says he must adhere to Tubby's rules.

devoe doesnt seem like a problem child. i think hell get the message and hell wont give any more trouble.

fot

Perhaps. But Katz says he must adhere to Tubby's rules.

FOT,

While we differ on a number of topics we are in complete agreement as to our high opinion of Tubby as a man and a coach. This Devoe thing really caught me off guard because after what happened last year it is hard for me to understand a player not understanding the basic premise: to play, you follow Tubby's rules.

I really like Devoe and hope it is a lesson learned.

Trent Tucker said on KFAN this morning that Tubby told him the suspension would be 5-7 games.

Katz also said last Thanksgiving that Trevor could be back any day.

In other words, take it with a grain of salt.

Another Katz tidbit: he picked us as his sleeper team this year for the ESPN preseason picks.

This seems to be a completely different situation than Trevor last year, with the lack of felony charges and all....

I for one am glad Tubby is enforcing the rules, and equally happy to see how Devoe handled it during the game. Giving pointers to the players during TO's, lots of enthusiasm on the bench. If it wasn't for the suit, you'd have thought he was playing in the game.

Who would have predicted a 14 point victory without Devoe and only 2 from Blake? Not gonna work in the BT season though...

For many of the preseason games, the team would be just fine without one specific player, but it would be so nice to have the entire unit for Puerto Rico and make a run at it. Hope these problems don't linger into the Big Ten Season.

Trevor's situation was far more complex. Also, our dithering AD was involved. I don't think he is here. When Tubby says he's back, he's back. Tubby strikes me as a bit more decisive then his boss.

Top Bottom