Good luck tonight!

Way to go St.Paul Hawkeye. Keep wearing the maroon and gold, and eventually you will turn from the dark side. :D

After watching Baylor last evening, the Gophers will need to be at the very top of their game.

I can't say that I speak for all Hawkeye fans, but I'll be watching and cheering for your team. Heck, I even wore maroon today to show my support.

Added a Gus Johnson clip from youtube to help get you in the right mood for today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkiM3tBJVhk

Thanks StPaulHawkeye -- Growing up 8 miles from the Iowa border (Austin) we would get the Iowa games on TV as well as the Gopher games... As a Gopher fan, I was an Iowa fan as well.. except when the Gophers played Iowa!

Not meant as a zinger, just curious if Iowa got an invite to any of the other post-season tourneys. By the way, I was born and raised in little Harmony, MN, just 3 or 4 miles from Iowa.

Harmony is a nice town. Lot's of clean streams with good trout fishing all around the area.

Sorry, Dr. Don. I thought you were needling. My apologies.

Iowa ended up below .500 at 15-17, so no post-season invites for the Hawkeyes. I grew up 30 minutes south of Albert Lea of I35, so we got KIMT, KAAL, and KTTC for television stations, so we watched the Gophers, plus all of the Minnesota HS state tournament games. Lots of Gopher fans in my hometown, so I am used to it.

Thanks Hawk! Very classy of you and much appreciated!

Grew up in Austin as well. Just North of the "Mason-Dixon line". Lot's of relatives in St. Ansgar IA. Those damned Hawkeye cousins of mine always seemed to rub it in during family Thanksgiving gatherings in the 80's. Did my fair share of trout fishing in the Spring Valley-Preston area.

GO GOPHERS!

We used to 'frequent' a bar in St Ansgar back in the day ....GOFUR when did you 'grow up' in Austin?

Sorry, Dr. Don. I thought you were needling. My apologies.

Iowa ended up below .500 at 15-17, so no post-season invites for the Hawkeyes. I grew up 30 minutes south of Albert Lea of I35, so we got KIMT, KAAL, and KTTC for television stations, so we watched the Gophers, plus all of the Minnesota HS state tournament games. Lots of Gopher fans in my hometown, so I am used to it.

Did you see the records of some of the teams in the CBI? Iowa would have a shot at winning that tournament.

freshtrout - I am a 75' AHS grad. Still go back to Austin a couple of times a year to visit my Mom and George's Pizza. How about U?

Top Bottom