Good luck against USD from a Hawkeye

PapaHawk21

Reaction score
I said this last week against MTSU too. Minnesota dominated in the trenches and will do it again Saturday. Iowa has their first test of the year against Iowa State this weekend. ISU always comes in fired up for this game. Good luck and make a statement before the mighty trojans come to Minneapolis.

Thanks PapaHawk, Good luck to the Hawkeyes this weekend as well.

I appreciate it. Good luck against Louisiana-Monroe. Do you like it when Arkansas plays games in Little Rock? Why do they do that?

Just a tradition. They have been playing there for a long time. One reason is because the U of A is in the very northwest corner of the state and Little Rock is in the middle. It gives the South Arkansas folks a better chance to attend the games. And there are some huge donors in the southern part of the state.

I don't like it at all. The stadium in Fayetteville is awesome. 75,000 capacity. War Memorial (Little Rock stadium) is a rat hole and holds about 53,000. It does get crazy in Little Rock though. There is a 9 hole golf course that completely fills up with tailgaters. That is cool. Except for when it rains. Rest assured it isn't a very nice golf course.

Just a tradition. They have been playing there for a long time. One reason is because the U of A is in the very northwest corner of the state and Little Rock is in the middle. It gives the South Arkansas folks a better chance to attend the games. And there are some huge donors in the southern part of the state.

I don't like it at all. The stadium in Fayetteville is awesome. 75,000 capacity. War Memorial (Little Rock stadium) is a rat hole and holds about 53,000. It does get crazy in Little Rock though. There is a 9 hole golf course that completely fills up with tailgaters. That is cool. Except for when it rains. Rest assured it isn't a very nice golf course.

That makes sense. I have never been to an SEC football game but I can imagine the tailgate scene is fun. We have pretty good tailgating in Iowa City but I' m not sure how it compares to the SEC.

Sorry PapaHawk, family ties to Iowa State + my hatred of Iowa > my affinity for Big Ten teams out of conference. Maybe next week!

sorry papahawk the only week I can root for you is when you play the Skunks from the east and you at least have one loss going into that game so you wont win the national championship. But you seem like a reasonable dude so dont get blown out out.

Back scratchin old man

Win Hawkeyes!

Let the cyclones eat silage! I mean, sewage. Whatever.

Top Bottom