Good Lord, You Won!!!!

GVBadger

Reaction score
I know fans like to hyper analyze everything, but for crying out loud, you won the game.

I give everyone permission to be happy!!!!!

The name of the game is winning. You don't have to look pretty, you don't have to fulfill certain statistical quotas, you need to score more points then the other team.

Mission accomplished. 1-0 baby.

Beat Air Force. Enjoy the new stadium. Enjoy football being back on campus. Go 2-0. Let the coaches worry about the rest of it. This is a great time to be a Gophers football fan.

As I spent the day in Madison Saturday, sitting in Camp Randall on a beautiful day, I could not help but think how great it is for the State (even though the Gophers make me gag:)) that the new stadium is opening and that Gophers fans and other Big 10 fans will get to watch college football played like it was meant to be played. Outdoors and on campus.

I can't believe I am about to agree with you :)

How good did we feel last year after those victories over Northern Illinois and Montana State? It is dangerous to compare this year to last year but just as it is easy to talk about everything that went wrong on Saturday, it is just as easy to write at least some of it off as an early season shoulder shrug. Last year I remember most Gopher fans being really worried going into that Bowling Green game. Hey, given what we saw Saturday I wouldn't be surprised to see the Gophers open the new stadium with a loss. But, given everything else I also wouldn't be surprised to see the Gophers bring home a convincing 36-17 WIN.

1-0. Yay.

It is a sad day when we need Badger fans to come on this board with some perspective, but here we are.

I followed the game on my phone at work and read all the boards talking about how terrible we were and to fire Cosgrove already, etc. So I watched the game Sat. night on DVR and other than two drives by syracuse I thought our defense looked pretty good. Lee Campbell had an amazing game 13 tackles, Traye Simmons had some good plays in the second half, and Simoni Lawrence looked great also. On offense yes they need some work but it was the first game of the year under a whole new offensive scheme, what did you all expect. Really unreal the amount of crying on this board after a win, grow up people. Go Gophers.

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing...

Hell must have frozen over --I agree with a Badger Fan

Minnesotans are a pessimistic people by nature. Let us wallow in the misery that is our birthright.

Seriously, though, I agree (in spite of your Badger handicap). In the long run, maybe this close game will even be better for the team than a blowout would have been.

Top Bottom