Good D = No Blake

Tough to get him the rock when I haven't seen a screen set for him. Watch him roam around, setting screens, then not getting any back...I'm sure the kid's frustrated...

Realistically, tough to win when we have no offense from ANYONE, much less Hoffarber.

Hoffarber

Thats where if they had a good low post player he could do damage. Mich St. is guarding the 3 and overplaying the 3pt line big time but there is no one on the block to make them pay. Smart def.

Mich St. is guarding the 3 and overplaying the 3pt line big time but there is no one on the block to make them pay. Smart def.
That's exactly it. They are forcing us to catch it 30 ft from the basket, and just begging us to throw it in to the post. We can't do a THING down low.

Thus, they can stick in our shooter's jerseys all game because we aren't hurting them anywhere else.

Blake is not able to create his own chances. His ability to score with a three is almost 100% dependent on his teammates setting him up and also Tubby devising plays. It worked against OSU the second half. Not sure that will happen tonight.

Slowdown offense equals no Blake.

Is it just me or is Al Nolen the only player who ever passes to Hoffarber???

I'm starting to think Westbrook is envious of Hoffarber's hot streak...

Did you watch the game?

Realistically, tough to win when we have no offense from ANYONE, much less Hoffarber.

Westbrook got us back in the game. His 3 point shot that was disallowed because of Damien's moving screen would've tie the game late in the second half.

Westbrook got us back in the game.
He also cost us a shot at winning the game. 3 ill-advised shots in the last 5 min, losing Allen on multiple occasions towards the end of the game, and a game-high 5 turnovers (3 in the last 4 min).

That's what's so frustrating about Westbrook; he can take over and bring you back, but his lack of ball handling and bad decisions on shots and passing can give it right back.

And you are a chowder head

He went out his way to get the ball to Hoff.On one play he threw across one sideline to the other to get him the ball. I'd like to see you try that tanglefoot.

Westbrook got us back in the game. His 3 point shot that was disallowed because of Damien's moving screen would've tie the game late in the second half.

Westbrook had 5 turnovers by himself and delivered an airball when we had a chance to take the lead....its a shame he's so jealous of Hoffarber's success.

Blake is not able to create his own chances. His ability to score with a three is almost 100% dependent on his teammates setting him up and also Tubby devising plays.

Exactly. And he seemed to have been standing around in the corner more tonight than in most games which obviously doesn't bode well.

He went out his way to get the ball to Hoff.On one play he threw across one sideline to the other to get him the ball. I'd like to see you try that tanglefoot.

Went out of his way? You make it sound like it's a chore to get his teammates the ball.

And your wrong

He also cost us a shot at winning the game. 3 ill-advised shots in the last 5 min, losing Allen on multiple occasions towards the end of the game, and a game-high 5 turnovers (3 in the last 4 min).

That's what's so frustrating about Westbrook; he can take over and bring you back, but his lack of ball handling and bad decisions on shots and passing can give it right back.

He had one ill advised shot and that was the three that came up way short. He looked at the offical and said he was fouled. The only turnover was the bad pass to Johnson and subsequent foul. ( in the last 3 minutes)

I was thinking the same thing tonight. Westbrook didn't seem to be looking too hard for Blake tonight.

I guess I'd have to watch the game again, but it didn't seem like Tubby was running very many plays specifically for Blake. This team has 2 offensive threats--Westbrook and Blake--more plays need to be designed for getting them decent looks.

I thought westbrook kept it close tonight with his mini scoring run with about 3 to go....although the turnover/pass to DJ at the end may have "cost" us a chance at winning I don't think we are in position to win if he doesn't get hot earlier in the game. As for blake, I think he may struggle against tough man-to-man teams....most of his 3's against Ohio State came against zone (same for hummel last night).

I thought westbrook kept it close tonight with his mini scoring run with about 3 to go....although the turnover/pass to DJ at the end may have "cost" us a chance at winning I don't think we are in position to win if he doesn't get hot earlier in the game. As for blake, I think he may struggle against tough man-to-man teams....most of his 3's against Ohio State came against zone (same for hummel last night).

+1

Blake didn't get any space tonight, which is going to happen against well-coached teams with athletic wings. Westbrook is really the only guy that can create good opportunities one-on-one, and against good teams, that's how we're going to live or die. Not ideal, but we don't have any other good options. I didn't notice one time all night when Westbrook passed up an opportunity to pass to Hoff to take the shot himself.

Blake vs. Man to man, zone and all this garbage we keep hearing about creating your own shot. It's a team game, most good shots come from screens and good ball movement.

The bench player are getting fewer minutes, Tubby has finally selected his best squad and is giving them more time on the court. You can cry about how certain people aren't getting their minutes, their chance to prove themselfs, but they have had plenty of time. Tonight our bench didn't make a basket, 0 for 8.

Blake vs. Man to man, zone and all this garbage we keep hearing about creating your own shot. It's a team game, most good shots come from screens and good ball movement.

The bench player are getting fewer minutes, Tubby has finally selected his best squad and is giving them more time on the court. You can cry about how certain people aren't getting their minutes, their chance to prove themselfs, but they have had plenty of time. Tonight our bench didn't make a basket, 0 for 8.

And only 3 points from 6 guys.

He had one ill advised shot and that was the three that came up way short. He looked at the offical and said he was fouled. The only turnover was the bad pass to Johnson and subsequent foul. ( in the last 3 minutes)

That one ill advised shot turned into a 3 the other way for MSU. Lead back up to 5. Next possession Westbrook tries some fancy dribble drive on the baseline and then zing a pass that results in a turnover. Result, I believe it was another 2 point basket for MSU. Nough said!

I'll give the ball to him at the end any time. He's got a better chance than anyone. I don't really think you can say anything about him costing us anything. Regardless of when it happened, he had a pretty damn good game and the only thing you can blame the game on is our bench. There's no excuse for 6 rebounds, 4 TO, 8 fouls, and 3 points. It's unbelievable that we had a shot to win at Mich. St. with those numbers from our bench. I'm pretty excited to see us play them and Purdue at home. I think we have a shot to finally beat one of them.

Basketball 101....

That one ill advised shot turned into a 3 the other way for MSU. Lead back up to 5. Next possession Westbrook tries some fancy dribble drive on the baseline and then zing a pass that results in a turnover. Result, I believe it was another 2 point basket for MSU. Nough said!

The pass he so called zinged, Johnson wasn't ready for it. A little lesson from "BB 101"; you always have your hands just below chest high palms open when the offensive flow is on your side of the court. Me thinks if you ask DJ if he should have caught the ball he would acknowledge on the positive

Top Bottom