Good bye - Updated: Issue Fixed

Mikie S

Reaction score
I haven't posted much here for the last few years, but now I've finally decided to just delete my bookmark & leave this site.

Why? Because those $%*#$ intrusive videos from Sporting News and such make this the most user unfriendly site i have visited on a regular basis.

Go Gophers! Goodbye Gopher Hole!

They are incredibly annoying... I'll give you that. I try to avoid staying on the main pages, or put my computer on mute to minimize distraction... it also contributes to my web browser to start using too much memory, and I have to close out the browser.

Thanks for the feedback. We have adjusted the settings on those video ads and as long as you are signed in on the message boards, the video ad at the top of the page will no longer be there.

Thanks for the feedback. We have adjusted the settings on those video ads and as long as you are signed in on the message boards, the video ad at the top of the page will no longer be there.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Easily the best move in the history of Gopherhole.

Side note: The only reason I opened this board was because I was looking for the OP. I noticed it on the FB or BB board and it was gone within five minutes......no sign of moved or anything. It was only after a couple of hours that I remembered the mods sometimes move threads to this board without leaving a marker.

I've long held the belief that GH does not take kindly to constructive feedback or discussion. Immediately moving these type of threads to a board that very few people frequent suggests it has been hidden.

Once again thank you for removing the video ad. It was becoming extremely difficult to navigate the site. Besides the loading slowdown, the vast majority of my time online I am listening to online radio....the repeated audio blasting from the ads was very annoying. The majority of the threads I read I would have to stop reading, scroll back to the top and click to pause or mute the ad.

Looks like the video ads from The Sporting News are back again.

Top Bottom