Gonzaga announces Mark Few DUI suspension.

The guy has a pretty impeccable record, I think the public scrutiny, the suspension and the legal hurdles are probably a fair punishment for someone's first real issue.

The guy has a pretty impeccable record, I think the public scrutiny, the suspension and the legal hurdles are probably a fair punishment for someone's first real issue.
Exactly! I mean did anyone actually think he would get anything more than a slap on the wrist?

Exactly! I mean did anyone actually think he would get anything more than a slap on the wrist?

Are you insinuating our legal system is carried out any way but strict fairness and that financial means might play a role in outcome? I refuse to believe it.

Are you insinuating our legal system is carried out any way but strict fairness and that financial means might play a role in outcome? I refuse to believe it.
What does our legal system have to do with Mark Few's suspension at Gonzaga?

As to your other point, I think Mark Few's punishment is 100% in-line with all other first time DUI offenders. You plead them out, they go to a class on drinking, their insurance is f'd. That's pretty much every single first time DUI that i've ever seen across all classes of people. It's essentially a parking ticket in terms of it being a formulaic process.

So no, I don't think Mark Few's money had anything to do with how he was treated by the actual legal system.

This is fine. Haven't seen many people too upset about it. He made a mistake, thankfully no one was hurt, he's serving a suspension, and we move on. If he makes the same mistake again then a much more severe punishment (both legally and with his employer) is warranted, and I'm sure he knows that.

He misses two exhibition games and a cupcake. Gonzaga is an institution that obviously lives its values.
Well, at least he could go sightseeing while he is suspended. I hear that Spokane is a beautiful city that attracts many recruits from all over the nation just to be by the scenery.

Top Bottom