Gonna be real hard to fire Clayes now

U2Gopher

Reaction score
Best win by Gophers in a long while, perhaps since some of Mason's teams pulled some big upsets like the win at Penn State. I was lukewarm and on the fence about making a change. I would be real upset now if they let him go. Nice job by the staff and players tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good, he deserves more time.

Kept his team focused and on board through all this crap to win as a double-digit dog. Some will still minimize it. If you want, I'll predict who.

Great job coach Claeys and team. Hard nosed football, right out of Jerry Kill's playbook.

Tremendous job tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Credit to him and staff. Congratulations to kids and coaches on an unbelievable effort and 2nd consecutive bowl win.

A buddy of mine who had no stake what so ever said he saw on some news wire they extended Claeys they 2021. Anyone else see this to corroborate? I couldn't find anything but he swears he saw it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This sucks. I've been writing fat jokes and sharpening pitchforks for days. Now what?

I don't watch any of the local newscasts, but curious as to how they will handle the Gophers victory...assuming they cover it?

Kept his team focused and on board through all this crap to win as a double-digit dog. Some will still minimize it. If you want, I'll predict who.

please do....just for kicks

I don't watch any of the local newscasts, but curious as to how they will handle the Gophers victory...assuming they cover it?

They covered it.

I think the local TV news mostly just doesn't care much one way or another, they're not like the tribune who is on university hate mode all the time.

Don't think this game had any impact. He was never going anywhere.

Best win by Gophers in a long while, perhaps since some of Mason's teams pulled some big upsets like the win at Penn State. I was lukewarm and on the fence about making a change. I would be real upset now if they let him go. Nice job by the staff and players tonight!

I don't think tonight's result has anything to do with the decision that will be made. At this point, I'd prefer to retain Claeys as it will hold the team together better. But not our decision.

TC journalists seemed unanimous in going for Claeys' scalp, which made no sense. 9-4 is hard to argue with, and the four losses were close, against very good teams. Tracy will be back, which should help recruiting. After no pass defense for decades, we have coaches who can smother the 2nd best passing team in the nation, despite a heap of losses in personnel. Great job tonight.

First year coach. Tepid support from an anemic administration from the beginning until today. Brutalized by a cynical media.

Yet, NINE wins. Most wins since 2003. Second most wins in 110 years. Back-to-back bowl wins.

This coach has overcome huge odds. Support him. Help him reach the next level.

First year coach. Tepid support from an anemic administration from the beginning until today. Brutalized by a cynical media.

Yet, NINE wins. Most wins since 2003. Second most wins in 110 years. Back-to-back bowl wins.

amen my maroon and gold brother

Yes. The grass is greener crowd is so insanely delusional that it defies nearly 50 years of logic and reality.

I'm enjoying watching the score scroll on the bottom of the screen on ESPN, especially when it comes to "WSU: Fewest pts. scored in a game this season."

Congrats to the players and coaching staff!

"But he doesn't LOOK like I want my Head Coach to look like" Now picture the guys saying this stomping their little feet and holding their breath. :eek:

Claeys is NOT the one to be fired.....the line for that honor should start with a Kaler followed by Coyle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amen! The administration needs to go....Kaler and Coyle need to be ousted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom