Goldy punched by fan...

Apparently this guy is a math professor at St. Thomas. Gymnastics crowds are usually pretty rowdy.
dokken.jpg

CrocShots scores Epic Win!

Ban this guy for life. He's lucky that no one beat the crap out of him.

Colthorpe said Dokken was ignoring Goldy’s antics, but within a couple of minutes, he snapped, turned around and punched Goldy in the face.

If someone is bothering you, is the first thing you do is punch them? I would think turning around and saying please stop would be just a little more civil.

If someone is bothering you, is the first thing you do is punch them? I would think turning around and saying please stop would be just a little more civil.

True, but Goldy was still being a pain and there was no need for please.

The punch was uncalled for, but if you want to be a jerk don't be surprised by the reaction you might recieve.

What it comes down to is just another form of bullying. I can mess up your hair, poke fingers at you and get others to poke fun at you and you can't do anything to me because I am the 'mascot'.

The punch was uncalled for, but if you want to be a jerk don't be surprised by the reaction you might recieve.

What it comes down to is just another form of bullying. I can mess up your hair, poke fingers at you and get others to poke fun at you and you can't do anything to me because I am the 'mascot'.

What is comes down to is having an ounce of a sense of humor, not bullying. It's not like he took his lunch money and gave him a wedgie. I think Goldy should know his limits but hitting a mascot for messing up your hair is not sane behavior. Not to mention he hit him twice, in the face, with kids around.

Very funny picture of the "To Catch a Predator" guy Crocshot.

Apparently this guy is a math professor at St. Thomas. Gymnastics crowds are usually pretty rowdy.
dokken.jpg
He looks like Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Maybe he thought Goldy wasn't real and his face would just cave in like Marty Moose's did when Clark Griswold punched him in the nose.

The whole story is really bizarre. Hopefully lessons are learned on both sides, I like the part where that spectator says (not word for word) "it was just a typical fight except one of the guys was a 7ft Gopher".

"Maybe he thought Goldy wasn't real and his face would just cave in like Marty Moose's did when Clark Griswold punched him in the nose."

The article kind of says the mask did cave in, I might have to do some dumpster diving around the pavilion and see if they threw it out.

What is comes down to is having an ounce of a sense of humor, not bullying. It's not like he took his lunch money and gave him a wedgie. I think Goldy should know his limits but hitting a mascot for messing up your hair is not sane behavior. Not to mention he hit him twice, in the face, with kids around.

Well it's pretty obvious Mr Punch did not find it humorous. Bullies do think they are humorous.

The punch was very wrong I agree, but if Goldy keeps doing this he should not be surprised by a similar reaction. I hope this is a good learning experience for Goldy.

Well it's pretty obvious Mr Punch did not find it humorous. Bullies do think they are humorous.

The punch was very wrong I agree, but if Goldy keeps doing this he should not be surprised by a similar reaction. I hope this is a good learning experience for Goldy.

I agree 19, just a bizarre story.

A 60 year old guy loses his temper, punches our mascot, while Goldy was having fun(?) at a gymnastics meet? I bet the 60 year old gets pi$$ed when the grass grows too fast so he punches out or shoots a poor little red squirrel. Those little guys can be agravating also.

Good learning experience for Goldy, hasn't anyone seen Goldy at a sporting event before? He'll bug you for a second and then go on to the next person. Although it was a men's gymnastics meet so maybe he went on to the next person and came back to Mr. Punch.

Thanks for the "Predator" explanation. It initially flew right over my head. After reading your post, however, it became major league hilarious.

This guy is my old math professor from last year.... He is a huge gopher gymnastic fan and would wear a Minnesota Gymnastic polo all the time. He was a decent guy but pretty quirky, as you can tell by his recent actions and "to catch a predator" photo.

Who knew. You have over 4600 posts and we didn't find out until today what a moron you are. I guess we should compliment you for being able to hide it as well as you did for so long.

Who knew. You have over 4600 posts and we didn't find out until today what a moron you are. I guess we should compliment you for being able to hide it as well as you did for so long.

Most people figured it out long before today, what took you so long.

Wow, I have had people come up to me and do that at the office. Never thought of turning and punching. I always break out in maniacal laughter that scares the sh$t out of myself, and maybe others. Other than that, I think I would give Goldy a big hug.

"You know, it's the old trick where you tap people on the wrong shoulder and they turn and don't see you because you're on the other side," explained Goldy's coach, Mike Elder.

Seriously, a mascot needs a coach???

"You know, it's the old trick where you tap people on the wrong shoulder and they turn and don't see you because you're on the other side," explained Goldy's coach, Mike Elder.

Seriously, a mascot needs a coach???

I would guess the Do's and Don'ts Manual for College Mascots is the size of a telephone book. We know it was amended last year to tell Goldy not to make fun of football players who are praying on the field. Now I assume it will no longer be ok for Goldy to touch fans in any way without asking them first.

Seriously, a mascot needs a coach???[/QUOTE]

It's called No Gopher Left Behind

I teach my 6 and 3 year olds to "use their words" in response to frustrating or aggravating things in life. I guess no one taught this 60 year old guy to "use his words". He does deserve credit, however, for owning the mistake and making amends.

Bullying, though? Stop by a high school sometime. You'll see real bullying. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Go Gophers!

I teach my 6 and 3 year olds to "use their words" in response to frustrating or aggravating things in life. I guess no one taught this 60 year old guy to "use his words". He does deserve credit, however, for owning the mistake and making amends.

Bullying, though? Stop by a high school sometime. You'll see real bullying. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Go Gophers!

First of all what Mr Punch did was inexcusable. All I am saying is what Goldy was doing is going to get a negative reaction from some people. I realize there are much more serious examples of bullying, all I was trying to say was this was another form of that, it goes without saying that this incident would be a small example of that.

Top Bottom