Golden Gopher Fund mailing ($700 minimum for seats in lower deck)

hosea

I don't understand the system. The communications about it are baffling. The ticket office personnel seem not to understand it themselves.

Do I need to pay an additional "$700 PER SEAT, plus ticket cost" as it states in the link to keep my seats?

Just not buying Gopher basketball tickets seems much easier and less expensive.

Easier to walk up to the guy with the "TICKETS NEEDED" sign in front of the Barn.

Read the link people, what selectionsunday originally posted about HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RESEATING IN 2012. What he received is about joining the ALREADY EXISTING PREFERRED SEATING PROGRAM THIS YEAR.

Were the caps enough?
OAHCJSKUTGUGGMA.20110216213430.jpg

Preferred Seating Fees

The charges and the map shown in this thread appear to be those currently in place. The season ticket holders who had seats next to me moved to a preferred seating location this season and 'donated' $700 per ticket to move. So, unless I get a letter describing the point system, and the prioritization of the selection process, I'll ignore the rest.

Time to...

e-mail Maturi in mass and tell them not to bring disaster to Williams Arena unless they like the look of empty seats. I'll pay $100 for my seats (One row above me is chairback seats) but no more. $1400 for 2 seats a year is simply beyond me. I'll go upstairs or just buy tix on the street. Thanks for being a season ticket holden since 1971!!!!

A clarification/correction, with my apologies

I did indeed misinterpet the mailing.

What I found out since yesterday after talking to someone at the GGF was that those currently with chairbacks but currently not paying for preferred seating (I'm in this group) will have to pay $100, $250 or $500 per seat if they choose preferred seating, depending on where their section/seat location ends up. I'm in an end section in the lower level, and I was told that the preferred seating fee for chairback seats in my current section are likely to be the $100 or $250, more likely the $100.

This was more in line with what I was expecting. Paying an extra $200 (hopefully) to $500 to retain my current 2 seats (or similar seats depending on my Gopher Points placement) is much more "stomachable" than the $1,400 for 2 tickets. ... I can live with that. At least now I understand the process.

Again, my apologies (to the GGF, too). I guess the crux of everything is, if you want chairback seats you'll have to pay at minimum $100 per preferred seat.

Can you make the picture bigger, please? Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom