Golden Gopher alum and current Minnesota pitching coach Ty McDevitt has been named head baseball coach.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per the U:

TY McDEVITT NAMED HEAD BASEBALL COACH

University of Minnesota Athletics Director Mark Coyle announced today that Golden Gopher alum and current Minnesota pitching coach
Ty McDevitt has been named head baseball coach. The University and McDevitt have agreed to a three-year term, pending the completion of a background check.

McDevitt is Minnesota's 16th head coach in program history. He will lead Gopher Baseball after serving as the team's pitching coach since 2019 and previous volunteer assistant from 2017 to 2018. McDevitt joined the Gopher baseball coaching staff after playing five season in the Maroon and Gold where he was a stabilizing presence in the bullpen.

HEAD BASEBALL COACH, TY McDEVITT
"I am deeply honored and humbled to accept the position of head baseball coach at the University of Minnesota. This program is steeped in rich history and tradition, built on the hard work, dedication, and passion of countless players, coaches, and supporters who have come before me. As I step into this role, I am committed to upholding the values and excellence that define Gopher Baseball. Together, we will strive to build upon this storied legacy, fostering a culture of integrity, resilience, and success both on and off the field."

Go Gophers!!

Doogie reported that both Edwin Thompson (Georgetown) and Jeff Duncan (Kent State) were candidates, and also stated Tyler Oakes was not interviewed.

I separately had heard Tim Huber (Augastana) was also a candidate.

Does seem like it may have been McDevitt's job and other interviews were largely window dressing.

From Shooter's column:
Among those endorsing Ty McDevitt as John Anderson's successor as new Gophers baseball coach were Anderson and Paul Monitor, who two months ago wrote a letter to athletics director Mark Coyle on McDevitt's behalf.

From Shooter's column:
Among those endorsing Ty McDevitt as John Anderson's successor as new Gophers baseball coach were Anderson and Paul Monitor, who two months ago wrote a letter to athletics director Mark Coyle on McDevitt's behalf.
Possible, but shooter is also full of shite.

I was hoping for Scrap Iron Garner. I hope they always keep the old logo hats.

Top Bottom