Gold on Gold Uni's

I Agree

And every game after. Love em.

wasn't sold on them at first, but after seeing them more compared to other jerseys.......... bring em back for good!!!!!!

I like maroon the best and gold over gold by far the least. If it has to be gold on top I like it better with maroon pants.

I like the gold on gold...

this more I see them. As I watch a tape of the AF game.

Those Cal Unis though......I din't like at all. Personal preference.

I'd like to see those gold helmets with a shade of gold that MATCHES the unis. (uh oh...here we go again. :) )

I wasn't crazy still about the all white on the road.

I'd prefer gold or maroon pants.

Whatever the color...beat Bucky!!

GM

I love the gold helmet, or white, way above the maroon. Mason was trying to be like So. Cal. Let's get back to being Golden Gophers.

And every game after. Love em.

personally could take them or leave them. but if the players or younger fan base like them, than all for it.

i am already getting ready for the whiner that sits a few rows back from me that apparently is a frustrated fashioin expert. i could really do without his bitching about the unis at length. but then again he leaves games early, so screw him.

Gold jersey's on maroon pants are clearly the winner between the first two home games.
The white on white is the preferred road jersey.

My second favorite home jersey is the maroon on gold pantsl
My third favorite is a tie....maroon on white pants/maroon on maroon pants (toss up)

Interesting you like the Gold tops and Maroon pants...I thought those would be universally hated.

I guess to each his own....just show up in maroon and gold and someone will like it. I will like it more if they beat Bucky!

Mason brought back the Maroon helmets after the Gophers had briefly switched to Gold helmets. Gopher Gold is not a metallic gold!

View from the East: on TV, the color reinforcement between the on-field all-gold unis, the green turf and the huge Bank "gold-out" seems to project an exciting feeling of high-energy, dynamic play-making and aggressive athleticism...especially later in the afternoon and into the evening under the lights. On the field, passing targets are probably easier to "pick-up", especially in scrambling situations, planned rollouts and misdirection flanker options. In the stands, the gold on green turf probably contrasts and "pops" quite well.

Also on the field, there seems to be a kind of "take a look at us" attitude projecting from the Gophers as a result of this bold color statement: "We're self-confident about our talent, abilities and preparation...this is our house...we're going to defend it aggressively, execute our game plan and make big things happen here!"

Someone at the U put a fair amount of thought and research into this color coordination scheme, it didn't happen by chance...I like it a lot. As it shows up more often, I suspect Minny fans at home and across the country will come to expect it for most Bank appearances since it becomes Golden Gopher "branded" as the program continues to strengthen and gets growing attention from repeated national TV exposure.

Welcome aboard NEG. Like to hear your perspective from out east.

I agree the branding will be an important component as people become more familiar with our team with the increased exposure Brewster/Maturi are bringing to the program with that non-conf schedule and the new stadium.

GM

Interesting you like the Gold tops and Maroon pants...I thought those would be universally hated.

I guess to each his own....just show up in maroon and gold and someone will like it. I will like it more if they beat Bucky!

I liked the gold tops/maroon pants MUCH better myself. The gold on gold just looks like a bunch of wayward bananas (complete with the dark tip) running around.

I like it. Especially since it annoys Whisky and Hawk fans.

i really like the maroon pants/gold jersey.

if they are going to do all gold, please, please, please get all gold helmets!

i really like the maroon pants/gold jersey.

if they are going to do all gold, please, please, please get all gold helmets!

This is key. It's the one thing that is keeping our unis from being complete. So long as they get the shade of yellow correct, not the metallic gold garbage.

View from the East: on TV, the color reinforcement between the on-field all-gold unis, the green turf and the huge Bank "gold-out" seems to project an exciting feeling of high-energy, dynamic play-making and aggressive athleticism...especially later in the afternoon and into the evening under the lights. On the field, passing targets are probably easier to "pick-up", especially in scrambling situations, planned rollouts and misdirection flanker options. In the stands, the gold on green turf probably contrasts and "pops" quite well.

Also on the field, there seems to be a kind of "take a look at us" attitude projecting from the Gophers as a result of this bold color statement: "We're self-confident about our talent, abilities and preparation...this is our house...we're going to defend it aggressively, execute our game plan and make big things happen here!"

Someone at the U put a fair amount of thought and research into this color coordination scheme, it didn't happen by chance...I like it a lot. As it shows up more often, I suspect Minny fans at home and across the country will come to expect it for most Bank appearances since it becomes Golden Gopher "branded" as the program continues to strengthen and gets growing attention from repeated national TV exposure.

very good assessment. I had the same feeling when I came home and watch the AF game on DVR, they seemed electric on TV (as well as in person).

Whhaaaaat? Another Gopher fan in New England? Whereabouts? I'm in Boston and have been desperately searching for a "Gopher-friendly" place to watch the games, but I don't think there is one.

I'd LOVE the maroon jersey and the white pants look, but I'm betting we won't see it.

I'd LOVE the maroon jersey and the white pants look, but I'm betting we won't see it.
Yeah, I doubt it. :(

Still, as long as they beat Wisconsin they can play in paisley for all I care.

Top Bottom