Gold Blooded Podcasts 2023-24

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Season two of the Gold Blooded Podcast kicks off with Amaya Battle hosting her first episode with guests rising sophomore guard Mara Braun and redshirt freshman Niamya Holloway. Battle now hosts this bi-weekly podcast that deep dive into all things Gopher women's basketball with guests including current players, alumni, staff members and more.

Fun to listen to, I do like the casual style some but the number of times the word "like" is used makes it hard to listen to at times. Should be a good learning experience for them if they work on these things. I hope they have episodes a little more often or regularly.

Burger suggestions: I'm looking too! The Nook is good. My favorite was Champps in Richfield but they permanently closed and I have not found a replacement.
5 Guys is much more for the fries than the burgers for me but seems expensive for what it is.
The Tavern and Bricks are fine but ordinary. Lucy's Burgers in Blaine is inconsistent.
What's good?

Best of luck and congrats to Mara on the USA 3 on 3! That's cool!

Burger suggestions: I'm looking too! The Nook is good. My favorite was Champps in Richfield but they permanently closed and I have not found a replacement.
5 Guys is much more for the fries than the burgers for me but seems expensive for what it is.
The Tavern and Bricks are fine but ordinary. Lucy's Burgers in Blaine is inconsistent.
What's good?

Gigi’s in South Minneapolis has an excellent burger, although it’s been a while since I’ve been there.

Fun to listen to, I do like the casual style some but the number of times the word "like" is used makes it hard to listen to at times. Should be a good learning experience for them if they work on these things. I hope they have episodes a little more often or regularly.
Editing is a huge part of putting out any type of decent media project. I don't blame the 3 women, they're 19 year old basketball players who shouldn't expect to be polished professionals. But I would think that the person responsible for setting it up and distributing it, would want to take a little time to clean it up before they put it out into the world.

What's good?

My favorite burger and fry place is Low Brow in South Minneapolis

The latest episode features two true freshmen.
Season two of the Gold Blooded Podcast continues with Amaya Battle hosting her seventh episode with guests Grace Grocholski and Ayianna Johnson. Battle now hosts this bi-weekly podcast that deep dive into all things Gopher women's basketball with guests including current players, alumni, staff members and more.

Ayianna Johnson is truly a multisport athlete and I anticipate she'll be a solid post game interview.
I very rarely am able to sit through an entire podcast of any kind, but I made it through this and my big takeaway was this: AJ is a very well-spoken, focused and interesting personality. At one point, when everybody lost track of the point/question being addressed, she got right back to it. Comes off as very experienced and comfortable as a public speaker.

Top Bottom