Going to a Gopher game

JGopher

Reaction score
Considering that I'm living in Europe this year and have to settle for spotty online video and radio feeds at 2am for most games, I'm looking forward to my one and only game in person this season vs mighty SDSU.

I think I'll go with the 'pretend we're 19 again' route, since we still look the part. This is how I do it:

1) Start with a few pitchers at B-winks at around 3pm. I don't know why but I love starting there. Maybe it's the old Super Chexx game they have upstairs there (or used to).
2) Head over to Dinkytown to whatever bars are open there this year
3) Hit Sally's around 5 - tall mugs/darts/tequila, not necessarily in that order
4) Look around at all the girls and wish I could re-live those 5 wonderful years
4) Quick stop into Stub's for old time's sake, maybe some Trivia Pursuit and a strong pint?
5) Make our way into the Barn and quickly from our nosebleed seats into the student section. By this point, we need to be with people who won't mind standing and being generally loud and somewhat obnoxious all game. Sorry, but section 218 just doesn't cut it.
6) Watch Trevor get his 8th double-double, and Al get 4 steals
7) Pull some hair out when DJ misses his 4th trey right before the end of the first half, sending us into the locker room in a tie game.
8) Go hoarse when Blake and...I'm going to say Mo...combine for 18 points in the second half to put us ahead for good.
9) Leave Williams and go wherever the buzz takes us :clap:

This ritual is one of the biggest things I miss over here. I'm sure some of you will be partly on this path too! I'll be the guy that looks happier than anyone else to be there. :drink:

Top Bottom