Going into 2010

Izatys98

Reaction score
One of the common themes as to why the program is on the right track is that the underclassmen have, for the most part, been redshirted and given time to learn by watching. According to many here, it's the "right way to build a program".

Question for the board... Will this be the case with the incoming class. Already seen some suggest that true freshmen will be starting or they expect them to be starting. Seems contradictory to me. If we see a large number of true freshmen playing next year, what does it mean? Abandonment of the "right way"? Desparation on the part of the coach to win now to keep his job? Or will it suggest that Brewster plays the best players no matter whether they're upper or underclassmen?

I have my opinion. Would like to hear the opinion of others in both camps...

Nothing will change. Every year we hear about how so and so is going to walk in and start. It hasn't happened yet. Don't expect a change. Brewster is comitted to building the program. If he fails it's not going to be because he abandoned his principals.

eh I think if they can make a positive impact right away let um' play if their ready. Its all an evaluation by the coaches. Usually the linemen take more time to physically mature to take the large step from HS to D1. But alot of skill position players can make an impact right away in the right situations. IMO it's best if you want to build a program up to let all kids develop over a longer period of time such as with a redshirt season(which brew has done). I really don't think it would be desperation on brews part though. Lots of coaches start younger players because they're better. here's the thing though if we still look like this with all brews recruits and the same coaching staff then we need to give him the boot because you can get good recruits all day long but if you have a crappy coach its not gonna take you all that far.

Top Bottom