Goes to show...

TrapperDoo

Reaction score
Practice and intrasquad scrimmage is not the same as a real game. It's always tough to win. Every opponent we are going to face comes into the game with a win in mind. There was some stuff to be improved, no doubt, but I thought the D played well, the O-line played well (sans penalties) and our receivers were getting open. Physically and athletically I thought we looked much better than last year. MG was clearly off his game but he could look like a whole different player in a week. If he is still playing poorly 3 to 4 weeks from now then I might start to reconsider him. He just had an off game and we all know his potential. Most teams tend to get better as the season goes on. Focus on next week and, as JK said, it is easier correct mistakes in the wake of a win than a loss. Lots of arm chair coaching on his board, but the important thing is that WE WON. BTW, I love the look of the helmets on TV.

Practice and intrasquad scrimmage is not the same as a real game. It's always tough to win. Every opponent we are going to face comes into the game with a win in mind. There was some stuff to be improved, no doubt, but I thought the D played well, the O-line played well (sans penalties) and our receivers were getting open. Physically and athletically I thought we looked much better than last year. MG was clearly off his game but he could look like a whole different player in a week. If he is still playing poorly 3 to 4 weeks from now then I might start to reconsider him. He just had an off game and we all know his potential. Most teams tend to get better as the season goes on. Focus on next week and, as JK said, it is easier correct mistakes in the wake of a win than a loss. Lots of arm chair coaching on his board, but the important thing is that WE WON. BTW, I love the look of the helmets on TV.

Yeah, the unis looked good. My only gripe is that they don't fit our traditional school colors very close.

Some of u sound like women when it comes to the uniforms. Who cares as long as we win. Get over the uniforms, the whites looked great.

Yeah, the unis looked good. My only gripe is that they don't fit our traditional school colors very close.

True: the helmet is warrior/ominous, but doesn't fit the traditional maroon look. I was okay with the whites.

I am not much of a fashion bug, but I liked the white on white with the Maime/Pillage/Plunder/Burn helmets.

But then I still wear white jockey underwear, that is how fashionable I am.

I even carry 3 old corn cobs in the trunk of my car in case of a side road emergency to poop. 2 are brown, 1 is white. After I go, I wipe with a brown one, then I wipe with the white one to see if I need to use the other brown one.

I am not much of a fashion bug, but I liked the white on white with the Maime/Pillage/Plunder/Burn helmets.

But then I still wear white jockey underwear, that is how fashionable I am.

I even carry 3 old corn cobs in the trunk of my car in case of a side road emergency to poop. 2 are brown, 1 is white. After I go, I wipe with a brown one, then I wipe with the white one to see if I need to use the other brown one.

Nice. Thanks for sharing. I believe that Unis are one component of attracting recruits. I mean, cool is cool, right?

Top Bottom