Goal Line Club?

Whytetale

Reaction score
Is the Goal Line Club in operation?

They are & still do pregame events at Williams Arena entrance area I believe, but it's been years since I've gone.

The always energetic Bob Hughes kind of phased out his involvement & I haven't been too involved since. That guy & Jim Wacker are probably the two most positive individuals in the history of Gopher football.

Bob Hughes was the best! GLC Tailgate at Williams before games was such a great deal for folks that don't have a parking pass. They stopped doing it a couple years ago - no idea why, my crew were good for 3 or 4 games a year. We'd always see ex players. Huge miss getting rid of it.

Sounds like the Williams tailgates have gone away....like I said, it's been years since I was at one. I'm tempted to say 2016 was last one for me.

what about the site made you think they were out of operation?
Dates, and no new events in addition to only one person listed under officers.

Edit: My guess is that they just haven't updated their website. Great group of people!

They are & still do pregame events at Williams Arena entrance area I believe, but it's been years since I've gone.

The always energetic Bob Hughes kind of phased out his involvement & I haven't been too involved since. That guy & Jim Wacker are probably the two most positive individuals in the history of Gopher football.
sadly they haven't had a tailgate at Williams in a few years

I used to go to 1-2 a season, always a good time

From what I recall, they had to stop using Williams due to some change with the facility/university on that space and the cost and/or the staffing required. I don't think they had a suitable location for the pregame parties once that happened.

Sad state of affairs. I was a pretty involved member until I moved to AZ.

The lack of younger members seemed to be the biggest problem. Social media > in-person social interaction.

Funny, it was originally set up to actually pay the players with side jobs (Holtz?), but went compliant within a couple of seasons.

Saw Bob in Boulder in 2021 and he is still one of the great guys. When he stepped down, the whole kit and kaboodle tanked. Funny story, I was in LA in 2011 for the USC game and found an Irish pub down the street from the hotel. I thought it would be insanely funny if Bob were inside. Sure enough, he was.

From what I recall, they had to stop using Williams due to some change with the facility/university on that space and the cost and/or the staffing required. I don't think they had a suitable location for the pregame parties once that happened.
Sounds right

I used to go to the Goal Line Club as a season ticket holder before Megatongue ruined our ownership experience. Parking in Oak St. ramp we always needed somewhere to go. It was... ok. They kept raising prices so we kept having to drink more and more beer to warrant the cost. So for most of the games that started at GLC we went into the stadium kinda bombed LOL. I'm not against getting bombed, but as middle age guys it kinda ruined the rest of the weekend with hangovers and all.

Top Bottom