Go Win the West!

What missed opportunity? The opportunity to be destroyed by Michigan in the title game? The last thing I want to see this season is a rematch with Michigan.

Even if the opponent ends up being OSU or Penn State, the likelihood of winning the game would be very low. Iowa lost 31-0 to Penn State. Those 31 points are about double the amount of the second highest total given up by Iowa this season and, as bad as Iowa's offense is reputed to be, the second lowest total they scored was 15 in a victory over Wisconsin.

Winning the West right now seems at best a Pyrrhic victory. Making it to a prestigious game means nothing to me if we get our asses kicked. I really hope we can beat both Iowa and Wisconsin but I hope some other team pulls out the West. I will enjoy watching either Iowa or Wisconsin get embarrassed in the championship far more than watching us do the same.
I think twisting your melon might have damaged your brain.

Even if we end up going to Indy, if the records are a tie are they going to send the other team(s) a trophy too?

Didn’t we technically get a West trophy for 2019, though we didn’t deserve it?
I think what you might be remembering is PJ Fleck giving out rings after the 2019 season and etched in the ring was "co-Big Ten champs" or something similar, but he was the one who stated it, not the conference.

I think what you might be remembering is PJ Fleck giving out rings after the 2019 season and etched in the ring was "co-Big Ten champs" or something similar, but he was the one who stated it, not the conference.
This is incorrect. The Big Ten recognizes co-champions. The official records reflect that, in 2019, Minnesota and wisconsin were co-champions of the West, with the Badgers advancing to the championship game based on the tiebreaker. You can argue that PJ shouldn't have commemorated the achievement with a ring, and I would agree with you, but to say that he made it up isn't accurate.

This is incorrect. The Big Ten recognizes co-champions. The official records reflect that, in 2019, Minnesota and wisconsin were co-champions of the West, with the Badgers advancing to the championship game based on the tiebreaker. You can argue that PJ shouldn't have commemorated the achievement with a ring, and I would agree with you, but to say that he made it up isn't accurate.
It appears that's true. I guess I thought PJ was doing it for morale or something. Thanks for pointing that out.

Yup B1G official twitter account tweeted it right after the game.

Beat Iowa this week, then I will start getting my hopes up.

Still would need some help if they go 5-1, but the West is just chaotic enough that it could happen.

It appears that's true. I guess I thought PJ was doing it for morale or something. Thanks for pointing that out.
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or genuinely thought Fleck was just making the co-champs thing up.....

There are a number of posters that bristle at the concept of co-champs and won't acknowledge it if you aren't the team that plays in the title game due to tiebreakers.....but unlike the National championship that Frost claimed for UCF, the co-champs of the division thing is real.

West is looking very westy. There are paths for just about all the teams at this point.
I just want us to beat both Iowa and Wisconsin and let the chips fall where they may.

I'm not counting on Darius or Cody to be able to go based on PJ's chuckle and non-answer in today's press conference...("heheh we always PLAN for them to play")

If we can just beat Iowa, I will feel a lot differently about the season.
Hopefully all the injuries to the Hawkeyes and Badgers catch up with them to allow us a path to win the West, but it won't happen if we don't beat Iowa.

What missed opportunity? The opportunity to be destroyed by Michigan in the title game? The last thing I want to see this season is a rematch with Michigan.

Even if the opponent ends up being OSU or Penn State, the likelihood of winning the game would be very low. Iowa lost 31-0 to Penn State. Those 31 points are about double the amount of the second highest total given up by Iowa this season and, as bad as Iowa's offense is reputed to be, the second lowest total they scored was 15 in a victory over Wisconsin.

Winning the West right now seems at best a Pyrrhic victory. Making it to a prestigious game means nothing to me if we get our asses kicked. I really hope we can beat both Iowa and Wisconsin but I hope some other team pulls out the West. I will enjoy watching either Iowa or Wisconsin get embarrassed in the championship far more than watching us do the same.
I’d rather win the west.

Top Bottom