Go to the 30 second mark, it's happened before!

It astounds me that some people (Iowa fans) have such a hard time understanding this rule. It was a little more obvious in this case. I will say, that it isn't applied/enforced very consistently or transparently all the time, I understand the frustration. Us gopher fans have been on the receiving end of questionable officiating for years...its about time one went our way.

Great find, way to dig this up!

It astounds me that some people (Iowa fans) have such a hard time understanding this rule. It was a little more obvious in this case. I will say, that it isn't applied/enforced very consistently or transparently all the time, I understand the frustration. Us gopher fans have been on the receiving end of questionable officiating for years...its about time one went our way.

Great find, way to dig this up!
Not sure I agree with the part in bold. How often do you see a punt returner give a "Peter" call and then try and actually return the punt? This almost always happens on a short punt where the coverage team is going to be all over the ball so returners don't try and run it back.

Of course some of that could be because they know the rule and know they can't run it back in that situation once they field it.

“Arrogant, asshole Iowa fan” says: no way dude!! That guy was waving both arms very clearly side to side. That was beyond obvious. DeJean wasn’t even waving one arm half as obvious as that!!

[/AAIF]

Devil’s advocate

“Arrogant, asshole Iowa fan” says: no way dude!! That guy was waving both arms very clearly side to side. That was beyond obvious. DeJean wasn’t even waving one arm half as obvious as that!!

[/AAIF]

Devil’s advocate
Tell him that any motion with any hand constitutes an invalid fair catch. Don’t try to deceive and this doesn’t happen to them.

Top Bottom