Go Gopher Podcast - with Coach Plitzuweit

A lot, a lot of stuff in 55 minutes. She talks fast. Tip of the iceberg:
2 months in - hasn't found a house yet
asst coaches a blessing- whole staff 3 years together - one 7 years - one 8 years
Film is a big part of what we do- WV guy came with
Creative content person - came with from WV
All about the people!
Got 5 and a half weeks of workouts in the books. Lots of why introduced to players.
We have fun.
Every moment matters
"The way you do anything is how you do everything"
We teach why we do things.
Performance leaders on the court...who is the voice among the players-they need to know what to say
Time away from players now, together again June
Skilled and hungry group
Shooting better is a progression-a process-time to grow
Our program-we are film junkies-huge part of how we teach
Reduce turnovers-successful doing so other stops
Break it down-take off travels- eliminate- work on it-awareness-balance
off two feet
sealing well to ensure pass gets to me
pass away from defense
can't rebound a turnover
Drill we like: 4 on 4 - 9 possessions - goal score 4X -limit 1 turnover-accountability (Consequences to losers) Helped with goal of 12 or less in games- awareness big component-value the basketball
Play smart-aggressive mindset-be a threat-be efficient-"Find A Way"
Passing: two people responsible for completion-one of the two of us needs to be sure we retain possession- deflected? dive to recover if necessary
Style of play: "fast and tough" "versatility and toughness" "Joy and fun"

A lot, a lot of stuff in 55 minutes. She talks fast. Tip of the iceberg:
2 months in - hasn't found a house yet
asst coaches a blessing- whole staff 3 years together - one 7 years - one 8 years
Film is a big part of what we do- WV guy came with
Creative content person - came with from WV
All about the people!
Got 5 and a half weeks of workouts in the books. Lots of why introduced to players.
We have fun.
Every moment matters
"The way you do anything is how you do everything"
We teach why we do things.
Performance leaders on the court...who is the voice among the players-they need to know what to say
Time away from players now, together again June
Skilled and hungry group
Shooting better is a progression-a process-time to grow
Our program-we are film junkies-huge part of how we teach
Reduce turnovers-successful doing so other stops
Break it down-take off travels- eliminate- work on it-awareness-balance
off two feet
sealing well to ensure pass gets to me
pass away from defense
can't rebound a turnover
Drill we like: 4 on 4 - 9 possessions - goal score 4X -limit 1 turnover-accountability (Consequences to losers) Helped with goal of 12 or less in games- awareness big component-value the basketball
Play smart-aggressive mindset-be a threat-be efficient-"Find A Way"
Passing: two people responsible for completion-one of the two of us needs to be sure we retain possession- deflected? dive to recover if necessary
Style of play: "fast and tough" "versatility and toughness" "Joy and fun"

Thanks for the recap. It’s a world of difference when a new coach comes in with a proven track record of building a program. I like what I hear.

Go Gophers!!

One of the better interviews I've ever heard. Yes some puffery which is to be expected, however she has a plan for working on all skills, has drills to accomplish everything, reviews film on everything, has high expectations, yet fundamentally wants to have fun which jives with what I've heard from former players. A great story on how her camps (3rd to 8th grade) helped a young lady with educational needs be motivated to do better in school thanks to her players encouragement. I'm a big skeptic and believe in seeing results, but IMO we are headed in the right direction. She gave birth to her daughter during the season so had her daughter at practice when she was 3 days old. Lots to like in this interview.

Top Bottom